꩜ Chapter 17 ꩜

A/N: I know the timing doesn't add up but the story must go on

Light streamed from the doorway of the  bathroom as I opened my eyes. I could hear the shower running, Pansy humming to herself quietly as she followed her morning routine.

I blinked slowly, clearing the fogginess of sleep from my mind. A warm feeling spread through me, my chest contracting almost painfully as I smiled to myself, remembering the day before. Something close to childish joy danced in the depths of my body and I buried my face in my hands to keep from beaming outright.

I rolled out of bed and shivered when my feet hit the cold wooden floors, only slightly dampening my mood. Pansy wasn't going to get out of the shower any time soon by the sound of things so I quickly dressed and sat back, picking up a book on transfiguration while I waited.

Pansy came out of the steamy bathroom nearly twenty minutes later, her dark hair plastered to her cheeks and neck. She waved her wand, drying the midnight strands faster than I could blink as her short hair hung around her face. 

"Hey Rave, how'd you sleep?" She asked while making her bed.

I looked over at her and yawned. "Pretty good, I'm starving though so hurry up."

She snorted, running her eyes over me like she could sense my good mood. "I'll be done in a minute."

Blaise and Theo were already down in the common room by the time Pansy and I came bounding down the stairs. Their green ties were loose around their necks and they slouched in their chairs, so opposed to the dignity that was supposed to come with their pureblood.

We walked to the Great Hall together, Pansy and Theo bickering over potions notes. Theo was trying to bribe Pansy into letting him copy her homework. The dungeon corridors were cold but I still had a bounce in my step as we came up to the surface.

The Great Hall was filled to the brim with hungry students. Owls flew in and out of the open windows, delivering copies of the Daily Prophet and letters from family. I waited for one of our family owls to come swooping over, but no luck.

I continuously glanced around, hoping to catch a glimpse of platinum or dark hair, but it seemed neither Draco or Mattheo had come to breakfast. 

"Are you coming to Divination?" Blaise asked, sipping on his tea. I shook my head, I would be avoiding Trelawney for as long as humanly possible. 

"She probably didn't mean any harm," he tried to reason. 

I gave him a pointed look. "She freaked me the fuck out, you would have to pay me to go back in that classroom any time soon."

"How much?" I laughed, brushing him off. He stood up, grabbing his bag and swatting Theo over the head before heading off on his date with the insane professor in the tower. 

Pansy followed shortly after, grumbling about her History teacher, Professor Binns. Theo and I were the last to leave, taking the longer route to Charms so we wouldn't be early. We both knew Draco wouldn't be joining us. Mattheo might've but I doubted he would talk to me in front of Theo.

My heart dropped a little at that. 

"So I was thinking..." Theodore started.

I chuckled. "You can think? Didn't know that," I said, giving him a smirk.

He lightly shoved my arm. "Shut up Holt. But as I was saying, I think it'd be fun for us all to do something for the Christmas holidays together."

The two week holiday was only a month away but I hadn't really thought about it yet. It shocked me how quickly time had passed.