Chapter 20 ~ Nights

Mature content

I didn't see Mattheo again for a week. That was partially because I spent my afternoons in the room of requirement with Draco and partially because Mattheo didn't come to classes.

I wanted to talk to him desperately but he seemed to have vanished from the castle.

On the eighth day I hadn't seen him, I decided to just try and find him. When I asked Blaise which number his dorm was, he gave me a strange look.

I played it off as a astronomy project i had to ask him about.

Blaise still seemed suspicious but gave me the number. 46.

I turned left at the bottom of the staircase, keeping my eyes on each room number until I got close to the end.

I wasn't sure if he had roommates or not, but if he did they could probably tell me where he was.

Luckily there was no need for that.

I knocked on number 46, hearing nothing from inside. I was about to turn around and leave when the door opened.

In the doorway stood Mattheo in only black sweatpants.

The words died in my mouth as I looked him up and down. My heartbeat increased a little at the sight of his toned stomach and chest.

He cleared his throat. "Did you need something Holt?"

"Oh- uh-" I stumbled over my words. Fucks sake. "I was just wondering where you had been all week."

God I sounded like an idiot. My cheeks burned red as I tried to keep my eyes on his. I was useless at that and found they kept dropping back to his torso.

"I've been busy," he simply answered.

I gulped and chewed the inside of my lip. I couldn't remember for the life of me why I had wanted to talk to him.

Realizing this was a stupid idea, I nodded before turning around and starting to leave.

He quickly called out behind me. "Did you wanna come in?"

I swiveled back around and nodded walking back towards him. He moved to the side, still holding the door and let me in.

I stepped inside as he closed the door behind me.

There was one bed in the centre of the room against the wall to my right. It was obviously supposed to be a shared room by the size but no one else seemed to live here.

A desk on the other side of the bed was covered with papers and the windows had large dark green curtains hanging on them.

I noticed a doorway leading to a bathroom on the opposite wall to the bed and a closet.

"Nice room," I complimented him. He nodded in thanks and sat on his bed, leaning against the head board.

I played with the rings on my fingers, awkwardly standing in the middle of the room.

"What did you want to talk to me about then?" He asked. He looked bored, leaning back on his bed and looking at the roof.

I cautiously walked over and leaned against the banister of his bed, trying not to be so awkward.

"I just wanted to ask about that night in the infirmary," I said slowly. I still wasn't sure if I dreamt that or not.

His eyes flicked over to me, searching my own for something before returning to their lazy hooded stature.

"I didn't think you would remember that. You woke up quite a few times through the nights." He shrugged but confirmed my hopes that it was real.

"What about it?" He asked.