Chapter 19 ~ Muffled

My head was spinning as the light came back to the world. Everything was foggy, making it difficult to understand or comprehend what was happening.

I could hear voices around me. They all sounded rather concerned.

The fog was starting to lift from my senses, I just lay where I was and let it.

Some time later, everything became clear again. I opened my eyes and stared at the white ceilling above me, letting it all come back. I remembered the bathroom, Draco leaning over me and Potter running away. After that I must have passed out.

The room I was in was dark, telling me it was night time.

I moved my fingers a little, then my toes. I didn't want to get ahead of myself.

Slowly, I tried lifting my head to look around. It hurt slightly but I ignored it. 

I was lying on a white bed in what looked like the infirmary. There was no one else in the beds next to me and I could see moonlight streaming through the windows along the walls.

As my eyes travelled around the room, someone next to me shifted, making me jump and sit up. A searing pain went through my abdomen and I winced, choking on air.

"Jesus Holt, lie back down before you hurt yourself," Mattheo's voice came from beside me.

I turned my head and saw him sitting in a chair next to my bed. He was leaning forward like he was about to get up and help me. I grabbed one of the pillows next to me and pushed it behind my back, using it to prop myself up.

He watched me as I did this, looking like he was trying to decide weather to help me or tell me to go back to sleep.

With a little pain and effort, I was now propped up with pillows. I looked over at Mattheo. He was sitting in the chair still watching me.

"How are you feeling?" He quietly asked.

"Like shit," I replied in a monotone. Looking down, I saw my chest and stomach were covered with bandages. A glass of water on the table beside me was soon gone in seconds as I downed it. I was hungry, like I hadn't eaten in days.

"How long have I been out?" I cautiously asked. There was something tense about him, like he was angry.

Mattheo sighed before answering, his nails digging into his palms. "Two and a half days. You lost a lot of blood."

"Shit."

I looked around again, seeing a clock on the wall that read 2.46 am. Mattheo looked wide awake, though noticeable dark bags were under his eyes.

"What are you doing here Riddle?" My eyelids were starting to get droopy and the fog was taking over my mind again.

He didn't answer the question. Instead he said something else. "You know you talk in your sleep?" He smiled slightly. I looked at him, confused. I couldn't remember if I had even dreamed though the image of my backyard was fresh in my mind for some reason.

I yawned, turning my head to face him. He was watching me carefully, analysing me. I wanted to ask him more questions but sleep invaded my mind and I caved in once more.

Though my eyes were shut, I could still hear the muffled sounds around me, so when I heard him stand up from his chair and push the hair back from my face, I could hear what he said.

"Goodnight princess."

...

This time, I was woken by multiple excited voices surrounding me.

"Please shut the fuck up," I asked.

I opened my eyes to the group standing around my bed. Daylight streamed into the room this time and birds could be heard outside.