Chapter 42 ~ Trouble

"Threatening a prefect, attacking fellow students. My, my, Miss Holt, you're certainly getting a bit too big for your boots."

I looked up slowly, seeing my reflected glare in the eyes of professor Snape.

His mouth was curled in a sneer and his eyes were alight with joy at catching me out.

His office was cold and dark, probably mold filled. I imagine it would have been overwhelmingly musty if it wasn't for the smell of potions ingredients and sulphur.

"Mr Pucey has requested that you be dealt with properly in accordance to your actions. He believes he is best fitted to deal your punishment," Snape drawled.

I glanced at him quickly now, checking to see any signs of joking or disapproval. There were none.

"You're going to send me to detention with Pucey?" I scoffed.

Snapes eyes shrunk impossibly small and he sighed. "Yes. He seems very excited actually."

I felt dread fill my chest. They took your wand during detention and being stuck with Pucey for however many hours would likely turn poor.

"Did you think to ask Mr Pucey why it was I 'attacked' him?" I growled. Snapes eyebrows raised and I could have sworn I saw glee in those beady black face holes of his.

"Mr Pucey explained that you threatened him after he politely told you that he was unaware of your friends whereabouts."

"Bullshit," I muttered.

"Don't push your luck here Holt. You're getting off easy and that is simply because I believe Mr Malfoy owes you his life," Snape spat.

I bit my tongue, not wanting to further piss off this fuck up of a person.

"Detention with Mr Pucey every Tuesday and Friday for three weeks."

I opened my mouth to protest but quickly shut it again when Snape smiled, as best the greasy man could smile.

"You are dismissed," he stated before turning back to the cauldron behind him.

I stood up sharply, pushing my chair back so it made a loud scraping noise and not bothering to push it back in.

The fresh air outside his office was heavenly. My lungs cried with relief.

I lent against the corridor wall, thinking for a bit and breathing in uncontaminated oxygen. 

Draco and Blaise had gone back to the common room after I got captured by Snape. I told them to not wait up, not knowing how long I would be. Hopefully Pansy and Theo would be clothed by the time I got back.

The anger that had been burning me had lessened. I knew there was nothing I could do about the detention.

Fuck you Pucey.

God, he was such a fucking baby, crying to Snape the second anything goes wrong in his wee pathetic little life.

"Raven?"

My head shot back and I looked up to see Mattheo walking towards me with books in his arms.

He looked so normal I almost laughed. His hair was tousled and his eyes were curious. He looked like a normal student.

"I don't think I've ever seen you with books before. Are you coming back from the library?"

He glanced down at the books and shuffled on his feet. "Yeah, I figured if I wanted to be able to stay in astronomy I should actually learn the subject."

I smiled, wondering how he was even still allowed in the class. I'd never even seen him do a piece of work.

"What are you doing?" He asked, switching the books into his other arm.