꩜ Chapter 16 ꩜

Mature content

I had been walking to go to ancient runes when a pair of arms grabbed me and pulled me into an empty classroom.

My stomach dropped with fear as the person covered my mouth to stop the scream I was about to let out. I was forcefully spun around so my waist was pressed against a desk. I felt my eyes widen as his dark face came into view. 

Mattheo trapped me in, placing both arms on either side of me and leaning against the table behind me. He smirked a little as I tried to back up and found myself with very little wiggle room. 

On the bright side, I wasn't being kidnapped. At least I hoped.

"You've been avoiding me Holt," he stated. His eyes danced with amusement but beneath that was the flickering of real anger. 

I didn't say anything and continued working on my breathing, trying to calm down from the heart attack he had given me. He was at an unfair advantage, being this close. His scent filled my nose and I had the brilliant idea to hold my breath to avoid becoming intoxicated by his rich aroma. 

He reached his hand up and lifted my chin with his index finger, tipping my head towards him. Never mind about the cologne, the way he was looking at me right then was more intoxicating than anything else I had experienced. 

"I don't like to be ignored witch, I think you know that." I narrowed my eyes at the irony and let out a small chuckle.

"Maybe you shouldn't do it to me then." He smirked and looked at my lips hungrily. It was getting even harder to breathe. 

"There are a lot of things I shouldn't do to you, and yet I want to do them all," he said with a dangerous voice.

I gulped, feeling a familiar sensation spread through my body.

I dropped my head, trying to run from the harsh eye contact he had trapped me with, but Mattheo tilted it back up again. "Look at me."

His own breathing had shallowed a bit and I could see his eyes wandering around my face.

He slowly leaned towards me. He smelt like lemons and spearmint and something wonderful.

I couldn't give in again, I was giving him what he wanted, and I was very determined to win whatever game we were playing here.

"Uh ah uh," I tutted, pushing him away slightly.

He met my eyes with a challenge and I looked away. He didn't stop me that time. He still had his arms on either side of me but he had pulled his head away from me and was searching my face for some kind of answer as to why I would reject him.

"What's wrong love?" He softly asked.

I deeply sighed and stopped thinking about the detention I was surely going to get for ditching my Ancient Runes class. "This doesn't matter to you Riddle, and while I'd normally be fine with a on-off hookup-" I cut myself off. I was not here to confess anything I wasn't sure of. "I won't have you fuck with my head and then up and leave." 

He seemed slightly taken aback and knitted his eyebrows together, processing my words. "I-" he stopped, trying to think of the right response. 

"So maybe it's best if we don't do this," I suggested.  

Mattheo stared at me questioningly. "For one, I don't think there is any hope of leaving this alone." He licked his lips before leaning in close to my ear. "And secondly, a one-off isn't nearly enough time to do all the things I want to do to you." 

"Oh make up your mind Riddle," I snapped. "One minute it's 'tell me to leave you alone,' the next it's kissing me when we were both too drunk to know what we were doing." It all came out a bit breathless but the words hit home and Mattheo tipped his head like I had actually insulted him.