Chapter 24 ~ Summoned

Mattheos POV ~

Mature content

I watched as she left my dorm, swaying her hips as she went.

As soon as the door closed I flipped down on my bed.

I was completely and utterly consumed by her.

The pillow and sheet next to me that smelt of her sweet perfume and the occasional red or purple mark on me were the only evidence that she was ever here and it drove me crazy.

I had asked her to stay, not regretting my choice to either. I could still feel her soft hair on my chest as we slept. It was the best sleep I had had in a long time. Since before my mother left.

I smiled to myself as I fell asleep, letting my mind wander to her smile and laugh.

...

I didn't attend classes the next day. My father requested to see me to discuss something.

It wasn't something I wanted to do. God knows I hated seeing him more than anything.

The snapping of my apparition sounded around the courtyard I had landed in. My surroundings were dark and damp, as common with the feeling of the dark manor.

I walked up to the front door, not bothering to knock and walked in, flipping off wormtail who stood "guarding" the door.

He was a pathetic excuse for a man, though none of the other death eaters were much better.

My father sat at the head of the table in what was supposed to be the dining room.

The curtains were drawn and the entire place gave off the vibe of death. Home sweet home.

"My son, how good to see you," my fathers voice was hoarse and subconsciously made me clear my own.

The hidden presence of Nagini made me smile and I whispered a hello to her in parsiltongue, a gift I had inherited from my father.

"Why did you wish to see me father?" I asked, bowing my head as I got closer.

The dark lords smile grew wider in a manic fashion and green slimy teeth flashed from under his curled lip.

"I spoke to Draco Malfoy this weekend. He told me his project was coming along well. Is that true?"

I looked up, thinking for a moment. "Yes, his task is close to being finished."

It had amazed me, the way Malfoy had managed to pull himself together and actually get somewhere with the cabinet.

Part of me wished that he never would, partially because of the peace I currently had at Hogwarts and partially because I didn't know what my father had planned. That could mean anything.

That could mean she got hurt.

"You're blocking your thoughts Mattheo. What are you hiding."

I snapped my head up, keeping the wall I placed around my mind when I thought of her up.

"Nothing father. I just got lost in thought for a second."

The dark lords smile faltered for a second but he regained it, trying to keep up some sort of happy persona.

"Very well. Sit, my boy. We have much to discuss."

I took the chair a few down from the head of the table, close enough that we could talk but far enough that I couldn't sense the constant feeling of death.

Voldemort had paused for a second, seeming to be filtering through his own thoughts.

Don't get this wrong, we had no sort of relationship at all. I used to look up to the man when I was young, before he had ruined it all.