Chapter 22 ~ Cover up

The pain was not as bad as I thought it would be when I woke up.

My lower stomach ached a little but nothing more than your average cramp.

I woke up before Pansy, taking the opportunity to steal the bathroom to get changed.

My reflection looked weary and messy, though that wasn't what caught my eye.

The long trail of deep purple and blue splotches going from my neck to my chest were highly noticeable and didn't look as if they were going away any time soon.

I lifted the shirt of my pyjamas and saw the mess that my skin was.

The red initials on my ribs stood out as well, though that would be easier to hide.

I groaned at what Mattheo had done to me. Makeup wasn't going to be able to hide these.

The one person I knew who might be able to help was currently sleeping in the room next to this. I suppose she would have found out at some point.

I walked back into our dorm and walked over to Pansy's bed, shaking her lightly.

She groaned before her eyes flickered open. "What do you want."

I giggled at her tiredness. "Good morning to you too. I need your help."

She sat up, pushing the blankets off herself and rubbing her eyes.

As she looked over at me they widened. "Holy fuck. Who did that?".

She was clearing gesturing to the bruises which made me blush.

"That's not important, I need help covering them up."

She nodded and quickly got out of bed. Not bothering to get changed, we both walked over to the bathroom in our pyjamas and looked in the mirror.

"This is gonna take some serious magic Rave. What lucky guy got to colour you black and blue," she asked with a smirk.

I shook my head, not wanting to say anything. I still wasn't sure where we stood.

"Well good for you, at least someone here is getting some," she brushed it off.

Pulling out her wand, she turned to me and pulled my shirt down slightly so it revealed the edge of my bra.

She winked at me cheekily and muttered a couple of incantations, ones I knew but were not commonly used for lovebites.

After a combination of healing and glamour spells, the marks were gone and my skin was clear again.

I sighed in relief and thanked Pansy over and over. "You really are a life saver Pans."

"Don't worry about it, but you're going to have to tell me who this mystery guy is?"

I smiled warmly as my head filled with thoughts of him. "Hes just someone I've been curious about for a while and last night we happened to run into each other," I said with a shrug.

She grinned and turned to grab some clothes before heading back into the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

We both got changed into our uniforms for the last week of school.

On friday we would take the train back to kings cross where our parents would pick us up.

From there, we would wait another week before using the floo network to get to Malfoys house.

It was a solid plan and my dad was fine with it. I think he was slightly glad to get me off his hands and he knew the Malfoys, to an extent.

I had wrapped all my gifts and put them in my trunk, ready to give to everyone on Christmas day.