6

I gasp. "Kitty focus or else you'll fall," Peach says while i'm at the top of a standing pyramid. My head has been in the clouds since Friday's party.

I don't know why.

They let me down by dropping me than catching me.

I sigh. "As captain, you should be the one most focused," Amena says. "I know just been thinking lately," I say.

"Well get into game Cat because you are the prettiest and without you, we won't get anyone's attention," she says.

Am I just an object?

I clear my throat. "Sorry, I need water," I say and excuse myself to walk back into the hall to the drinking fountain. I don't even feel like cheerleading anymore.

"Why so blue? Did someone say no to you and even after your tantrum they didn't say yes?" Cameron pouts leaning against the wall across from me.

"Why are you being such a dick?" I ask. "Because I have a secret that can cost you your relationship," He says.

"So you kissed me just to ruin my relationship?" I ask.

"No, I was just seeing how easy you are to get," he says. "What is wrong with you?" I ask with a scowl. "Your kind of people, to think you actually thought I liked one of you but I don't like entitled spoilt brats."

Something is aching inside of me and I don't know why I'm caring about his words.

"Especially the blondes they're the worst kinda brats," he says.

"I can easily say that you used me at my vulnerable state to kiss me," I say.

"Once Nick finds out you kissed me he won't care about your word, it'll give him an excuse to leave you because it's what he's been wanting to do for the past two years."

"He's that much of a dick that if you said I raped you he won't believe you," He says.

"What do you want from me?" I ask. "Not much, your boyfriend didn't show up at my house at all last weekend, i'm guessing that is your doing, scared i'm gonna spill the beans?"

"Why does he go to your house?" I ask.

"To trash it and beat the shit out of me why else? You think we are best mates or something, he's a fucking jerk even to you," he scowls.

"Go and smoke yourself to sleep you fucking junkie," I say and walk away but he follows.

"That party on Friday was cute yall little kids trying to party, with that little seven minutes in heaven game," he chuckles.

"And you can throw a better party?" I scoff with a mocking tone.

"No doubt," he says.

"Well good luck getting me to go, only to find out that it was a shit party," I say.

"I have practice, so leave me alone."

"Yeah go and cheer on the players of the school," he chuckles.

"Like you are any better the only thing you'd be able to teach your girlfriend. If you ever get one. Would be overdosing," I say.

"If you come to my party i'll teach you how to OD," he chuckles.

"Gross i'm not going near you and a user's disgusting house until it's clean," I announce.

"Have you ever struggled before? Besides the boy breaking your heart struggled?"

"Yes-" No you have not, everyone knows who your fucking father is he's always been a billionaire your whole family is wealthy while folks like mine are living on the streets not taking care of their child."

"My mother died from 'n overdose by the way," he says.

Quilt hitting me like a brick.

"My dad doesn't even own the house he lives in he's a squatter, I don't have a home, I can't go back there without getting my head smashed with a beer bottle."

"Have you been to therapy before? Because I can't talk with one without having the police called."

"I don't even remember the first time I tried a drug because I was that young and my father introduced me to it, but I love it, makes me stress-free."

"The only things I eat is what I steal because I have no money or when someone randomly gets surprised with a hundred friggin' burgers, I can't get a job because my father ruins that for me."

"Now I'm gonna ask you again. Have you ever struggled?"

I fold my arms over my chest and look away from him.

"And I'd rather be called a stoner or weird instead of being a basic jerk human being like you successful greedy people are."

"You're acting like I just spend the money my dad gives me on myself, you don't know who I am and I don't know who you are."

"Do you go to the donation center where they give you food and clothes for free?" I ask.

"Rarely only when I need to," he says.

"I pay for that, I do, the money my dad gives me goes to there to keep it running, you might think my dad is greedy but i'm not, so some of the food or clothes you've had from there I bought."

"Every week I buy hundreds of clothing to donate to them to help the people here, I pay for the groceries that they cook with, my mum started this but she just started it she hasn't done anything for it since. I've kept it running and people have gotten jobs from it."

"If you can do me a favor that would help a lot, but you gotta change," he says.

"Dealing drugs isn't the favor... Right? I promise i'm not being rude with that question."

"No, it isn't," he says.