35

"I'm still suspicious," Cameron says as I walk past him he's in that green flannel, it's basically his signature piece of clothing. "Cool, stay suspicious," I say.

He grabs my arm and yanks me toward him. "I'm not stupid Cat I know what that prick is up to since he threatened me to do all that shit to you," he says.

"Can you go away? There is nothing you can do about this," I say.

"You've been in Italy for over a month. Why?" he asks. "Why do you care? Your girlfriend isn't gonna like you questioning a girl about her life," I say.

"We aren't even together, god I made Miles and his girl think that I didn't care you got taken," he says.

"Cameron leave me alone," I say. "I'll leave you alone if you join me in the basement with a bong?"

"Fine, you got me with that one," I say.

"Marco might not like that I'm not in his sight." He shrugs. "I don't give a shit I'll smash the bong over his head," he says.

"He'll pull a gun on you," I say. He opens his shirt.

"Your dad has a tracker on you, he knew you were coming when he checked it," he said showing me the bulletproof vest.

"What else has he told you?" I ask with a glare. "Everything including the fact that he knew I was threatened to be an asshole to you," he says.

We walk down to the basement. "Do you have a bottle of water?" I ask. "You said there is a tap down here," he says.

"Oh. There is, I forgot," I say.

"Were you ever gonna tell me it was a bet?" I ask when we reach the bottom of the stairs. "No, because it wasn't a bet or a dare or anything," he says.

"I did mean it though when I said I won't be able to commit right now, I do want something with you..."

"You aren't obviously up for just sex at the moment because you'd still be annoyed with me but just know that I didn't mean I'd fuck and leave you, I'd keep fucking you just you until i'm ready to commit and then just continue fucking you I guess," he says.

"I dunno in case you haven't noticed I am terrible with lovey-dovey shit like people think Miles is bad but that man knows what to say to a girl, I should probably ring him and ask what to say."

"I don't know, I kinda like how clueless you actually are about this kind of stuff," I say.

"Anyway, how's your dad?" I ask. "Broke," he says. "I'm sorry," I say.

"It's all good, you don't understand how much happier someone is with barely any money," he says.

"Wait so what is going on between you and Sammy?" I ask.

"Nothing," he says.

"I thought you were a whore but then there is Miles," I say. "Oh don't be easy with me, he and I are both terrible especially when it comes to a gorgeous girl," he says.

"You are the only girl he hasn't touched."

"Is that why you like me?"

"No, I'm just lucky Miles type isn't my type, I'd be fighting for my life to get you because if he liked you, you'd melt because he has this way of speaking to girls, giving them inconvenient high standards."

"Anyway no, I don't like you because Miles doesn't okay I like you because you are literally gorgeous and you have shown you care even before the whole thing about you liking me came out, I actually didn't believe that until like two months ago," he says.

I fill the bong up with some fresh water from the tap and walk over to him. "Do you have any of the stuff?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says and pulls out a ziplock bag. "It's already cut by the way."

I open the little bag and start packing the cannabis into the little compartment that holds it on the bong.

"Anyway, those jeans... Wow," he says. "You like them?" I ask and quickly show him the back.

"Mhm, jeans like your ass," He says and I roll my eyes.

"My name still on you?" he asks. "Perv," I say and he chuckles. "I haven't gotten them removed," I say.

"I was really enjoying those times with you if I'm honest," he says.

"I was too, I kinda regret not going any further when we played seven minutes," I say. "I kinda miss seeing you on the sofa outside the house bonging with the friends that hated you but now love you," he says.

"You hated me," I say. "I just didn't like how you didn't understand me and that you were a brat," he says.

"I literally changed for you, I started becoming more grateful and more giving acting less spoilt," I say.

"You didn't need to everyone has a flaw," he says.

"You had no flaws besides being a spoilt brat but if had that amount of money I would be making you a worse brat."

I giggle. "You saying you'd spoil me?" I ask and he nods. "I can't blame your dad because if I was a father with that much money I'd spoil the fuck out of my kids."

"I wanna help with this Marco situation," he says while I hit the bong.

"Trust me he seems like a powerful man, I don't know what you could do," I say. "Why exactly did he take you?" he asks.

I shrug. "My dad apparently gave them messed up versions of the drugs they wanted," I say.

"So this is your dad's fault?" he asks. "Kinda..."

"Has that dude actually hurt you?" He asks. "No, he um, wants me to marry him and carry his children he wouldn't give me my freedom u til I had sex with him," I say.

"Did you have sex with him?" he asks. "I have freedom," I say.

"Fucker, Miles could kill him," he says my eyes widen. "What are you crazy?" I ask.

"I'm only saying this because I don't want to lie to you but yes, he is currently in like a rehab facility or something because he killed someone because that someone nonconsensually sexually touched his girl," he says.

"I mean I get where he's coming from, if someone ever touches the one I love I'll kill them."

"Well, I hope you are planning on killing Marco," I bluff with an eye roll.

I mean if he... Loves me he would.

"I'll sure as hell try," he says.