38

I've been watching my surroundings while I walk to where Cameron hangs out well at least I think he still hangs out at. It's so that I know Marco isn't following me.

He seems like a sneaky man though and I am not going back.

I reached the place I once despised but now admire since people live here and call this place home.

It's not exactly Cameron's home but he enjoys his life.

I spotted his car outside the house it's usually outside of. I hear music and I am dreading walking in there without Cameron inviting me with him.

I open the door and once I spot one person spot me every one does and stops.

Why is everyone stopping?

I see Alaina, she sees me and she looks shocked. I get spun around and gasp. "What are you doing here?" Cameron asks.

"I came here to escape," I say. "How did you get away from him?" he asks.

"He said the only way I'd be able to get away from him is if I somehow die so I told him I was going to kill myself and he proceeded to say that I don't have the guts..."

"So here I am."

"Miles's dad is already there so he could be the reason why you got here so easily, we need to get you safe," He says.

"Isn't there that basement here?" I ask. "Yeah but there are few hiding spots," he says.

"Why is everyone looking at me?" I ask. "They are worried, we were all threatened by that dude," he says.

He places his bottle down. "C'mon let's go play hide and seek," he says and guides me by my back.

He gestures to keep up the partying I see some of Cameron's friends here.

"I'm scared Cameron," I say and feel my eyes watering. He wraps his arm around me. "It's okay Cat, everything is gonna be okay," he says.

We get to the basement and he takes me to the back part of it which is where Cameron and I did seven minutes in heaven.

I still wish it went further.

But we walk past the closet and go to a separate room.

When we enter the room he gestures I sit on the bed. I decide to start pulling my acrylics off since they are just press-on ones, not salon-done ones.

Because Marco knows about them and in case I need to act like I'm someone else it won't be as noticeable since the nails are off.

"Thank you, Cam," I say and he looks at me. "I didn't do anything to help, I wouldn't be able to knock him down like they would," he says.

"That doesn't mean you didn't help me, they may be dealing with him but they wouldn't be dealing with him if you didn't ring them," I say.

"I just... Miss hanging with you every day," he says.

I sigh and stand. "You are the only guy I've let on my bed," I say and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I am honored," he says with a chuckle.

"I'm not going back there Cameron," I say. "He doesn't have a tracker on you, does he?" he asks.

"I don't know," I say. "Your dad does but does Marco... I wonder."

"Even if he does, you can keep me safe," I say. "Ah... Yeah, I will try-" I'm just joking I'm not putting that pressure on you," I add.

"No, I actually will try though," he says, "Instead of staying here we could go for a drive?"

"Staying in one place is probably the worst thing to do," I say.

"C'mon we'll get going somewhere, I'll take you to a hideout I have when I've ran away from the cops," he says.

"Surprisingly not surprising," I say.

He grabs my hand and we quickly rush out of the room. This isn't the time to be blushing about him holding my hand so he can quickly get us to his car.

He walks us out of the house and we reach his car.

"Oop where are we going?" Sammy butts in opening the passenger seat.

"None of your concern Sammy go back inside," Cameron says. "But I wanna come," she says with a pout.

Cameron sighs. "Here just get in the back Cat," he says opening the door for me. He finally looks at my face.

"Why are you so red?" he asks. Ahhhh. "Just nervous about the whole situation," I lie.

I get into the back and Cameron closes the door then they both get into their seats. "Cammy I thought you said tonight was just us?" The girl I don't really like says.

"Don't start this shit right now Sammy," he says.

"Isn't it cute how my nickname for you rhymes with my name?" She says latching onto his arms as he starts to drive.

He doesn't say anything he just looks at me from the rearview mirror.

She leans up and kisses his cheek. She purposely made me uncomfortable. A red light comes up so he stops like one does.

"Look at me Cam," she says and he does which makes her quickly steal a kiss.

He frowns at her. "Why are you moody today?" she asks him.

"No reason," he says and changes his face, then quickly kisses her.

He faces the road and starts to drive again when the light goes green.

I'm in the back red from fuming.