chapter two

When I walk into the building, I immediately spot Savannah Lee May running towards me. Her Instagram pictures don't do her justice. The girl is drop-dead gorgeous.

"Jennifer, hi!" she exclaims. Once she reaches me and catches her breath, she smiles and grabs some of my bags. "Here, I'll help you take these up. Our room is on the fourth floor, so we'll have to take the elevator."

As I follow her towards the elevator, she continues to fill me in on all the things she feels I need to know. I appreciate this because it fills in a lot of blanks and helps calm my uncertainties.

"We live right beside two of our other coworkers, Charlie and Owen. They play two of the ghosts in Julie's band. Don't worry, they're super nice. They can be a little overbearing sometimes, especially Charlie, but they're a lot of fun to be around." She smiles and looks back at me walking behind her.

We stand by the elevator doors and wait for one to arrive. I decided I should probably say something since I haven't even spoken since I've got here.

"That sounds fun, it's nice to know we have some friends right down the hall. How long have you been here?"

"Only about a week. The guys have been here a bit longer since they've had a lot to do before filming starts," she answers.

The elevator doors open and we attempt to drag in all of my luggage. Savannah clicks the button for the fourth floor, and the doors close.

I've never been a fan of elevators. I don't like enclosed spaces, and they always give me the creeps.

The elevator dings and the doors slide open.

"We're on the left, at the very end of the hallway. Kind of inconvenient, but we get what we get," Savannah says.

I nod and grab my bags as we make our way to the end of the hallway. Savannah opens up the door for us, and we drag my bags into our apartment.

I have gotta admit, the place is very spacious. Much bigger than I had imagined it would be. It has a nice, cozy living area, a kitchen, and two bedrooms that I guessed were each equipped with a bathroom.

"I took that room over there," Savannah points to the room on the right. "I didn't know which one you would want, so I hope you don't mind."

"It's perfect," I say with a grin on my face. "I'm so excited I finally get to be here. I've been so nervous all day, but I can already tell living with you is going to be fun."

"Don't be nervous!" Savannah tells me. "Everyone on set is super friendly, and I'm sure you'll hit it off with a lot of the cast. Also, I've seen some of your dances before. You're an amazing choreographer." I shift my glance down to the floor.

"Thank you, you're an amazing dancer too. I just hope everyone is as friendly as you are," I tell her.

She laughs as she puts a hand on my shoulder. "Again, don't worry, I'm sure everyone will love you. I already do," she says with a wink.

I smile at her and we pick up my luggage and move it into my room. Everything in there is super bare, but I'm sure once I'm done living in it, it'll be a cluttered mess.

There's a bed against the back wall, a window on the right, a dresser in the front, and a door on the left that goes into my bathroom. I put my bags down on the floor and sit on the bare mattress.

"Thank you so much, Savannah. You've already helped calm my nerves a ton," I say.

"Of course! Just let me know if you ever need anything. We're roomies for a reason, and I can already tell we're going to be very good friends." She comes over to the bed and gives me a quick squeeze before walking to my door.

"Oh, I almost forgot," she says as she turns around again. "I think we're going over to Charlie and Owen's for dinner. Jeremy should also be there. They all are very excited to meet you!"

I smile and nod and she walks out of my room. I hope the guys Savannah is talking about are as friendly as she claims. They are apparently "excited to see me," so hopefully they'll be welcoming. I take a deep breath and crawl down onto my floor to start unpacking.

I start with my bed, making sure the sheets, comforter, and blankets are all on there nicely. Then I start unpacking my insane amount of clothes. I rolled up all of my clothes to make them fit in my suitcases better, but they're a pain to unpack.

It took me about an hour or so, but I finally got them all unrolled and organized into drawers. Savannah even came in one time and helped me unpack some stuff, which was very sweet and wholesome. I'm so thankful that I found her and she agreed to be roommates with me. I don't know what I would've done if I had to stay alone. I like always having someone by my side.

As Savannah was helping me unpack, I bombarded her with questions. As one does.

"Tell me more about the cast, what are they all like?" I ask her.

"Oh, as I said before, everyone is so sweet. Madison, the girl who plays Julie, is super nice and friendly and a fun person to be around. Jeremy is so kind, and he's also engaged. I haven't met his fiancée yet, but if she's anything like how he describes her, she's a goddess."

I laugh as she continues.

"Charlie is insane. Literally insane. He's super chaotic but in the best way possible. He's also an amazingly talented singer. Owen kind of reminds me of you. I've known him for longer than the others because we've worked on another show together. Once he warms up to someone, he becomes one of the funniest and most kindhearted people you'll ever meet," she tells me.

"Oh, I can relate to that," I respond. "It takes me a little while to get used to people, but once I do, it becomes so much easier to be myself with them."

"You can always be yourself around me," she tells me gently. "Don't be afraid to let your actual, genuine self show. If you're ever afraid of that, just think of Charlie. He says everything that comes to his mind, no matter how crazy insane it might be, and everyone still loves him. Just like everyone will love you," she says.

I could cry. Savannah is so genuine and thoughtful, and I've never had a friend like that before.

"Thank you, Savannah, it means a lot."

"Of course." I hear her phone buzz and she picks it up off the floor beside her. Once she reads her message, she puts it back down and looks at me. "Charlie texted saying that Jer is already over at their place and that we were welcome to come whenever we want. They said they'll order food when we get there," she informs me.

"Gotcha," I say. "I don't want to keep them waiting, just let me finish up a few things and I'll be ready."

She nods and pushes herself up onto her feet. "Just let me know when you're done," she tells me as she leaves my room.

I finish up with what I was unpacking, brush my hair since it was a knotty mess, and pick up my phone as I walk back into the living room. Savannah was sitting on the couch waiting.

"You ready?" she asks as she looks up at me.

I nod, and we walk out together.