chapter eighteen

I love the idea of Alex dancing with Dirty Candy, but it's kind of hard to pretend he's not there while we dance. That's a lie- it's EXTREMELY hard to pretend he's not there.

I try to keep my eyes forward at all times, but it's so hard when I can see Owen dancing out of the corner of my eye. I wanna watch him dance.

We're supposed to be filming All Eyes On Me tomorrow, so the majority of today has been filled with practice for that. They're also supposed to start filming Finally Free tomorrow as well, which is exciting.

"I'm exhausted," Owen complains once we get a break from dancing.

I reach up at pat him on the cheek. "You poor thing," I say sarcastically. He gives me a little nose scrunch and I see Savannah walk towards us.

"Owen, no offense, but you look like death."

"Gee, thanks, Sav," Owen replies. She smiles in return.

Owen has to go rehearse Finally Free with Jer, Charlie, and Mads, so Savannah and I walk over with him to the place where they're rehearsing. I don't get to watch the band much, but when I do, it's always amazing. The casting for this show is just immaculate.

I greet Kenny and a few others who were also there, and Sav and I stood together right in front of where they were rehearsing. As soon as they start running through it, I'm in awe of all of them. They're so talented, and I can't get over how well they play together.

Not gonna lie, I stare at Owen almost the entire time. He catches my eye a few times and smirks every time he sees me already looking at him. It's like he knows what he's doing to me.

"You know, you're not exactly discreet over there, staring at Owen," Sav whispers to me.

I don't even try to deny it. "It's kind of hard not to."

"You're in looove, my dear Jenny," she jokes.

"Okay, let's not take it too far," I say, smiling.

I think Finally Free is definitely one of my favorite songs out of the entire series. Something about it is so catchy, and Mads voice in it is obviously breathtaking. Watching them perform it just makes me love the song even more.

I have to go back to the studio after watching a few run-throughs of Finally Free. Sav stays behind because technically, she's pretty much done for the day. I have to work through some more Perfect Harmony stuff with Paul, and also start discussing ideas for Nothing To Lose. I'm not exactly excited about having to reenter the HGC, considering the rough experience I had last time, but I guess I have to get over it.

I stay in the studio for another few hours, until it's time to go home for the day. I got off a little early today because I have to get up extra early tomorrow for filming. I make my way back to where the guys and Sav are, and conveniently, they're wrapping up for the day too.

"Jenny!" I hear Charlie say, and I watch him quite literally jump over to where I'm standing.

"Hi, Charlie," I laugh and see Owen and Sav come over to us. We all walk back to the car together after saying bye to Kenny.

The car ride back to our apartment was pretty uneventful. As usual, I took a shower as soon as I got back, and started getting ready for bed, even though it was a bit early.

I go into the kitchen to fix strawberry milk, and I see Savannah already standing in there, leaning against the counter with a satisfied smile on her face.

"So, Jenny, you couldn't seem to take your eyes off Owen today. What was that all about?" she asks.

"You know perfectly well what it's about. What is it you told me? That you could 'see right through me.'"