chapter thirty-one

Filming for Nothing To Lose goes by much faster than filming for The Other Side of Hollywood did, thankfully. I hate watching from the sidelines, but at least I got to watch the guys play. They're all so talented, and Cheyenne killed his performance. Also, Owen is extremely attractive when playing the drums, so that helped too.

Charlie never mentioned anything more about the "conversation" from the other day. I've decided just to not mention it since everyone seems okay now.

By the time the last day of filming was done, I was exhausted. Getting up super early and going to bed late is not good for my body. I don't know how I managed not to sleep for weeks on end. Thank God for Owen.

"You guys nailed that performance," I told Charlie and Owen once they got back to the car.

"Thanks, Jenny!" Charlie says. "And you nailed watching us from the sidelines."

"Um, thanks?" I laugh. "Do either of you have any plans tonight? I was thinking maybe we could do a movie night at our apartment."

"Do we ever have plans, Jenny?" Owen says sarcastically. "I'd be up for a movie."

"Same here," Charlie agrees. "I'm really tired and will probably fall asleep at least halfway through it, but I doubt you mind. I've probably slept on that couch more times than I've slept on my actual bed."

"That's the truth," I say. I'm excited that they said yes to my movie night idea. Despite what Charlie said, I feel like I haven't spent time with my three best friends in a while.

Once I got back to the apartment, I made sure to inform Sav of our movie night plan, and she immediately agreed. I changed into more comfortable clothes (meaning Owen's hoodie) and got Owen's favorite blanket off of my bed so that we'd have it while watching the movie.

As soon as I threw the blanket on the couch that Owen and I always claim, I hear a knock at our door. I go to get it and see Charlie on the other side.

"Hey, Owen's gonna be a little bit... I don't even know what he's doing, but he told me to tell you that he'll be here in a little bit."

"Okay, thanks for letting me know," I smile and let him in. He plops down on the couch, grabs our remote, and starts scrolling through Netflix. I think Sav might be in the shower, so looks like I'm stuck with Charlie for now.

"Hey, Jenny?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you ever talk to Owen about that conversation we had?" Shoot. I thought I had successfully avoided this.

"Um, no," I admit, and Charlie sighs. "Did I need to?"

"Well it might've done some good, but it's okay. I've been watching your obliviousness for over two months now, guess I can wait some more."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Ah, there's that obliviousness. Never change, Jenny."

With that comment, Savannah joins us in the living room. "What does Jenny never need to change?"

"Her obliviousness," Charlie says, matter-of-factly.

"Oh, I agree with that one," she says, grabbing a blanket and sitting down beside Charlie. "Speaking of, where's Owen?"

"He's coming soon, I think," Charlie says.

True to his word, Owen arrives a few minutes later. He doesn't even knock, he just lets himself in. I guess he's used to that by now, after all, this is technically where he sleeps every night.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," he says, coming over to where we are all sitting. "You got my favorite blanket!"

"Of course," I smile as he gets under the blanket and snuggles close to me. "Charlie, have you figured out a movie yet?"

"No, we've watched most of the good ones," he says, continuing to scroll through more movies. "Anyone got any other ideas for stuff we could do because a movie night isn't looking too hot."

"Ice cream," Owen whispers. I actually think it's a pretty solid idea.

"Sav, do we have any ice cream?" I ask.

"Not much, but we could go get some. I was thinking maybe we could go get some beads and make bracelets or something, I think that'd be pretty fun too. Why not do both?"

"I'm down for that. Are you all gonna make me drive?" We all nod. "Go figure."

We all walk out to Charlie's car, with Sav in the passenger seat and me and Owen in the back, as per usual.

"So we're going to the store to get stuff to make bracelets and ice cream?" Charlie asks as he backs out.

"That's the plan," Savannah agrees.

"We're strange people," Charlie laughs.

"But a good strange, right?" I ask.

"The best."

Once we got to the store, Savannah and Charlie went to get the stuff for bracelets while Owen and I went to get the ice cream. We decided to get the regular flavors- vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry- and then a few that were really random. We ended up with four different kinds of ice cream by the time we narrowed them down.

We met Charlie and Sav up front, and paid for all of our stuff. Like the gentlemen they are, Charlie and Owen split the payment and refused to let Sav and I carry any of the bags.

The car ride home was pretty uneventful, unless you count the fact that Owen held my hand the entire time.

As soon as we got back to the apartment, we all fixed bowls of the ice cream of our choice. I chose strawberry (of course) and mixed it with a bit of vanilla. I'm pretty sure Charlie got some of all the flavors.

"Did we really need this much ice cream?" Sav asks once she sees the four different ice creams Owen and I got.

"You can never have too much ice cream, Savannah," Owen says.

"Our freezer only has so much space," she laughs.

Once we finish our ice cream and cram what was rest into me and Sav's very full freezer, Charlie gets out the stuff they had got for us to make bracelets with. I felt like a little kid again- playing with beads and trying to figure out some saying to put on the bracelet.

"What's your bracelet gonna say?" Owen asks once I start putting beads on.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," I grin. "What's yours gonna say?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out," he says, using my own logic against me.

I was pretty proud of how my bracelet turned out. I used different shades of black and gray and put "kitty" on it. Figured I'd give it to Owen since, ya know, Miraculous, and the stuffed cat he gave me. Seemed fitting. Plus he's gifted me a lot of stuff the past week or so, and I wanted to return the favor.

Charlie and Sav had their bracelets done before Owen and I, and both of them looked super good. Owen and I got done around the same time.

"Can I see your bracelet now?" he asked once he saw that I was finished. I handed it to him.

"Made it for you," I say, and his smile is priceless.

"Thank you, Jenny. But it seems like we think a bit too much alike," he says, handing me his bracelet. It has red and black beads and says "bugaboo" on it.

"We really just can't come up with anything original, can we?" I laugh.

"You both are sickening," Charlie says after watching our entire encounter.

"Hey, if we like a kids show, we like a kids show. Dude, we're starring in a kid's show as we speak," Owen adds, making Charlie smile.

"Touché. But seriously, 'kitty' and 'bugaboo?' Could you not come up with better names?"

"Don't come after our lifestyle," Owen retaliates, acting hurt.

"Plus, we didn't come up with those. Ladybug and Cat Noir did," I add in.

Charlie sighs. "Well, from the one episode I've seen of that show, Ladybug and Cat Noir are the most oblivious people on planet Earth. So I guess it fits."