chapter three

Savannah knocks on the door, and it takes a good moment for someone to open it. Might have something to do with the yelling I hear from the inside.

The door swings open, and we are greeted by a friendly looking dude.

"Hi! You must be Jennifer. I'm Jeremy, nice to meet you," he says as we walk in.

"Hi, nice to meet you too," I tell him.

He walks us into the living area, where the other two guys are. I automatically assume that's where the yelling was coming from earlier, due to the fact that one was jumping up and down on the couch while the other was standing with his back facing towards the couch.

I had no idea where this was going. Before I could try to figure it out, the one on the couch launched onto the other dude's back.

"Guys!" Jeremy yells at them. "We have company."

They look over at Savannah and I and make their way to where we stood. While one of them is still on the others back, might I add.

The guy carrying the other guy speaks first.

"Hey, I'm Charlie! And this is Owen," he gestures to the dude who was currently getting a piggyback ride on Charlie. Once they reach us, Owen jumps off of Charlie's back.

"Well, I was going to introduce myself, but seems as if Charlie has already done it for me," he tells me.

"You're welcome, buddy," Charlie says as he pats Owen on the back.

Owen rolls his eyes and continues talking to me. "So you're Jennifer, right? Savannah said you would be rooming with her."

"Yeah, I'm Jennifer, nice to meet you both," I say, smiling at both of them. Savannah was right, both of them seem super chaotic, but in the best way possible. "It was nice of you to give Owen a piggyback ride over here, since apparently it was too far for him to walk," I grin at Charlie.

Owen looks at me and fakes a surprised face. "While I am perfectly capable of walking by myself, hitching a ride on Charlie is always the better route." Charlie smiles at his friend.

"Reasonable," I say. "Maybe I'll have to hitch a ride on him one day to see what all the hype is about."

Charlie jumps over to me. "Why not now?" he asks.

I definitely wasn't expecting this, but it's a little late to turn back now. I jump onto Charlie's back and he turns back towards the others.

They laugh at us, and Charlie walks over to the other side of the room where the couch that Owen was jumping on earlier is. Charlie carefully lowers me back down onto the couch while the others walk back over to us.

"I don't know, Owen, I think Charlie's piggyback rides do deserve the hype you give them," I say once I'm carefully seated.

"I know right?"

"Let's not go and make this a daily thing. I just had to show Jennifer what a proper piggyback ride felt like," Charlie says.

"I live with you. I'll make it a daily thing if I wanna make it a daily thing," Owen responds as Charlie gives him an unsure look.

"Guys, can we go ahead and order food? I'm starving," Jeremy says.

We all end up huddled around Charlie's phone telling him everything we wanted to eat. With the appetites of five hungry people, it ended up being a lot. I offered to help pay, but it was an offer everyone ended up declining.

"We can't have you paying when the whole point of the night is getting to meet you," Jeremy tells me, while everyone nods their heads in agreement. I just roll my eyes and sit back on the couch with my arms crossed.