chapter twenty

Filming goes by quicker today than it did yesterday. It was still just as hard making a disgusted face throughout the entirety of Finally Free, but I made it. We also had to film a couple of other scenes at that same set, so we went ahead and did those also.

Savannah is amazing as Carrie. I have no words for the girl's acting skills. She rocks the sassy attitude, and really sells the mean girl vibe. Which is quite weird, considering she's one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's just that good.

As usual, we only get a few breaks in between takes. It works out well for us though, because we wrap earlier than anticipated.

"It feels so good to be out of that costume," Sav tells me as soon as we are back in our normal clothes.

"For real. Sweatpants never felt so good," I say as she nods in agreement. We walk together to get our makeup off so that we're finally all back to normal. By the time we get back to the car, Charlie and Owen are already waiting for us- Charlie in the driver's seat, and Owen in the backseat. I climb in beside Owen, and Sav takes the passenger seat.

"Hi, Jenny, Sav," Charlie greets each of us. "You both did amazing today! Sav, you had me really sold on your whole 'mean girl' attitude, I was kind of scared there for a moment."

"Aw, I scare you?" she chuckles. "Good."

"No, seriously, it's kind of creepy how you go in and out of character," Owen adds. "When you're in character, you're the typical mean girl but once you break, you're back to being the nicest human being on planet Earth. It's freaky."

"Good to know I freak you both out. Makes me feel powerful," she grins.

We all continue to talk about the freakishness that is acting throughout the entire car ride. While Charlie and Owen are a lot like the characters they play, Sav and I are not. It feels weird having to switch back and forth between the real us and the fake characters we play. Gives me a little identity crisis sometimes.

Once we get back to the apartment, I do my little post-set routine that I've been perfecting for the past couple of months. Once I'm showered, I change back into sweats and a hoodie. Filming has taken all of the energy out of me, so I climb into bed as soon as I'm dressed.

I thought about taking a nap, considering how exhausted I am, but I decided against it. Even though it's not super late, I'll still probably be going to bed in a few hours. And I still don't like falling asleep without Owen beside me. I haven't tried sleeping without him since we started staying together at night, and I really don't want to try. I don't know if the nightmares would come back if so, but I don't feel like risking it.

After scrolling through Pinterest for much longer than I'd care to admit, I make my way to the kitchen to fix some strawberry milk, and fix a PopTart while I'm at it.

I put a PopTart in the toaster (because they taste better when they're hot), and work on fixing my strawberry milk. I pour a cup of milk before I remember that we ran out of strawberry syrup yesterday. Great.

I put the cup of already-fixed milk back in the refrigerator, and take my PopTart out of the toaster. I eat it quickly and go to knock on Savannah's door.

"Come in," I hear her say. I let myself in, and I see Sav sitting in her bed holding her phone.

"Hey. I'm out of strawberry syrup. I think I'm gonna go over to the guy's apartment and beg Owen to take me to the store," I say.

"Wow, major deja vu. This is how you and Owen became besties in the first place, isn't it?"

"Well, kind of, yeah."