chapter five

Today is my first day on set.

I'm supposed to help Paul work on the choreography for "Wow" today. We're shooting that scene next week, so we have to work quickly.

I rode to set with Jeremy, Savannah, Owen, and Charlie. We all carpooled in Jeremy's car, and gave Charlie the aux. I was not disappointed.

Once we get to set, Savannah and I say goodbye to the guys, since they're working on another scene at the moment. Savannah gives me a little tour around set before we go to Paul.

I've met Paul before, so we had a nice little reunion before we started work. I also met the other Dirty Candy dancers, who were all friendly.

Paul and I, along with the other Dirty Candy dancers, worked on choreography for the entire morning. Once lunchtime came around, I was starving. Savannah and I agreed that we should go see if the guys wanted to eat with us.

We walked around to where the guys were rehearsing, along with a girl who I assumed was Madison, the girl who plays Julie.

We stand and watch for a few minutes until they get off for a lunch break. They all walk over to where Savannah and I are standing, looking just as exhausted as we are.

"Jenny! How is your first day going?" Owen asks.

"Pretty good so far, I'm already exhausted though."

Owen nods his head in understanding as the girl who I assume plays Julie comes over to me.

"Hi! I don't think we've met yet, you're Jennifer, right? I'm Madison," she informs me.

"Yeah, I'm Jennifer! It's nice to finally meet you, the guys have been talking you up to me all weekend. They assure me that you're super talented."

Madison looks over to the guys, who all have grins on their faces. "And they've been talking you up to me all morning. Let's just say I'm very excited to finally meet you."

We all eat lunch together, and I get to know Madison a bit better too. This is also her first acting job, so it makes me feel a little less alone. She's super nice and friendly, and she seems genuinely interested in my life. I don't know what I did to deserve these human beings.

I spend the rest of my day with Paul, working on more choreography. He also shares some of his ideas for a few of the other dances with me, and even though some of them are a bit much, I think we can pull it off.

By the time we finish, it is dark outside and I am exhausted. I don't think I've ever danced that much in one day, and I'm about to have weeks upon weeks full of it. Exciting, but terrifying.

Sav and I went to go try to find the guys, since they were our ride home. Luckily, they were finishing up and we didn't have to wait on them long.

"Savannah, Jennifer!" Charlie exclaimed as he jumps over to us. "How did dancing go?" he asks as he does a little dance that makes all of us laugh.

"It went very well, Charlie," I tell him. "And that-" I gesture toward him- "is not how we dance."

"Whatever you say," he responds as he continues to do whatever it is that he calls dancing.

As we all walk out together, Owen comes up to me and nudges my shoulder.

"Was it better than you thought it'd be?" he asked. I had confided in him about my worries yesterday, and he had assured me that I'd be fine.

"Yes, actually. Everyone here is so nice, it's like you are all one big, happy family."

"Well, Jenny, you're a part of our big, happy family now, so you better get used to it."

I smile at that thought. I've never had a big group of friends before, so this is a whole new experience for me. A great one, but a new one nonetheless.

Jeremy drives all of us back to the apartment, and we all thank him for the ride as we get out. We separate back into our apartments, but it isn't long after that until Savannah and I hear a knock on our door.

I get up to open it, and I see Charlie and Owen each holding blankets.

"Wanna have another movie night?" Charlie asks.

"Savannah, the two idiots from next door invited themselves over for a movie night," I yell over to her. The guys look offended by the idiot comment, but they don't interrupt. "Should we let them in?"

"Well, normally I would say no, but it seems as if they're already equipped with blankets, so how can I resist?" Savannah says as she walks over to us. The guys shove past us and plop down onto our couch.

It takes us around fifteen minutes to all agree on a movie to watch. We all are cuddled up on one couch under two blankets. Once again, I'm sharing with Owen, and Savannah shares with Charlie.

Savannah falls asleep about halfway through the movie, Charlie not far behind her. Owen and I are the only ones who stay awake to see the ending. Which was horrible, might I add.

"How can someone end a movie like that? Unhappy endings make me, well, unhappy," Owen whispers.

I giggle as I get up from the couch. Owen follows me into the kitchen, wrapping the blanket we shared around his shoulders and wearing it like a cape.

"Whatcha doin?" he asks.

I don't answer his question, I just take out the milk and the strawberry syrup from the refrigerator and hold them up for him to see. He chuckles and watches me fix my strawberry milk.

"You weren't kidding when you said you do this every night," he says.

"No, I wasn't," I agree as I finish stirring the syrup into the milk. I drink over half the cup before putting it down again. Owen is giving me a very strange look, so I raise my eyebrows as if to say, "what?"

"I've never seen anyone chug strawberry milk that fast before. Now that I think about it, I think you're the only person I've ever seen drink strawberry milk before. But still, you're insane, Jenny."

I roll my eyes and walk back into the living room to see Charlie and Savannah all cuddled up on our couch. Charlie had stolen the entire blanket and had wrapped himself up like a burrito, leaving Savannah with nothing.

Owen and I laugh at the sight. I go into my room to grab one of the many blankets I have on my bed, and I come back in the living room and lay it over Savannah.

"Such a sweet friend," Owen says, walking over to me. I nod my head in agreement.

"You up for another movie? I'm not even that tired yet," I tell Owen.

"You just said you were exhausted earlier," he laughs. "Yeah, we can watch another movie."

I knew he wouldn't be able to say no. Owen and I lay down on the couch that's not currently being taken up by Sav and burrito boy, and Owen lays the blanket carefully over us. We pick out another movie, but lower the volume a bit so we don't wake up Charlie and Savannah.

I try to keep my eyes open, and manage to for about the first twenty minutes of the movie. But soon I was at the point where keeping my eyes open physically hurt.

"Jenny, you can go to sleep if you want to. I see you struggling over there."

I look up at Owen and sigh. "Turns out you were right. I am exhausted," I whisper.

"I'm always right. Night, Jenny," he tells me.

"Night, Owen."