chapter fifteen

I'm finally back with my Dirty Candy ladies.

Now that we're done with The Other Side of Hollywood, I've been more focused on choreographing the All Eyes on Me dance. It's so exciting to finally be back with the girls I started with. And I get to be with Savannah most of the day, which is a big plus.

I'm currently in the studio with the rest of the Dirty Candy girls and Paul. We've already choreographed most of the dance, there are just a few finishing touches we have to do.

As we run through the dance again, I see Kenny, the guys, and Madison all walk in. I do my best to continue working through the dance, but I start cracking up whenever I see Owen in the reflection, trying to mirror our dance. Sav must have seen it too because she also started laughing.

We make it through the dance, but by the time it's ended, all of us are laughing at Owen's attempts at copying us. Even Paul and Kenny are chuckling. I can tell Owen is a bit embarrassed from the attention, but I'll be honest, his dancing isn't bad at all.

I walk over to where the others stood, and I see Owen look up and smile at me.

"That was some pretty good dancing, Owen. Seems like Dirty Candy has some competition," I laugh.

"Jenny," Kenny interrupts. "You just gave me an idea." I raise my eyebrows as he continues. "What if Alex was in the All Eyes on Me dance? Picture it- Dirty Candy starts dancing, and Alex poofs in and starts mocking Carrie's moves. I think it'd fit his character so well." By this point, Owen looked terrified.

"I, for one, think that's a great idea," Paul says. "We would only have to make a few changes to the dance, if any, and I think Alex would give this dance the spice it needs."

"What do you say, Owen?" Kenny asks as he faces the now extremely pale Owen.

"I think you're right Kenny, it does fit Alex's character pretty well. There's just one problem- I'm not good at dancing."

"That's okay, we have really good teachers," Paul says, winking at me. "And we won't make it hard on you, I'm thinking it'll mostly just be you mocking Carrie's moves. Don't worry, we won't put anything on you that you can't handle," he reassures.

"Well, I trust you both. I'll give it a shot," Owen agrees.

"Jenny, what did I just agree to?" Owen says once Kenny and Paul leave to discuss ideas for the dance.

I smile. "You just agreed to upstage all five of us Dirty Candy members. Seriously, Owen, I already know you're going to kill it. In the best way possible."

"Yeah, buddy," Charlie says as he nudges him on the shoulder. "Now you get to work with Jenny more," he says, smirking.

"That's the only good thing about this," Owen says.

"And what am I? The next-door neighbor?" Savannah says, throwing her arms in surrender.

"Don't worry, Sav. The highlight of my day is getting to work with you," I reassure her.

We spend the rest of the day working through concepts for the Dirty Candy/Alex dance. Owen took it like a champ, running with every idea Paul and Kenny had. I could tell that he was nervous, but he did amazing. As I knew he would.

When we finally finish for the day, Owen comes over to me and puts his head on my shoulder.

"You that exhausted?" I ask, and he just groans. He doesn't move, and I don't make an effort to try to get him off. I let him have his moment. Sav comes over to us and laughs when she sees the position Owen is in.