chapter forty-one

It's the last week of filming, and I'm a mess. Knowing that all of this is almost over and I'm not going to be able to hang out with all of these wonderful people every day anymore- it hurts. A lot. And this week is already flying by.

Filming for Stand Tall went really well, but it was quite bittersweet considering all of us knew that it was the last performance the band would get to do together. Their performance was incredible, obviously, but it hurt knowing that it was their last. But Kenny knows what he's doing- it was also supposedly the last time Julie would get to play with the guys, making their acting a bit more personal.

Madison gave an extremely emotional speech whenever we wrapped Stand Tall, and you best believe I was in tears. By the time the boys hugged her at the end, I was full-on sobbing. Savannah put her arm around me to try to comfort me, but I could tell she was crying too. We're not ready to let go of them yet.

We're filming the last scene of the series today, which is the scene where Julie comes into the studio before their performance at the Orpheum. Pretty sure I've been on the verge of tears the entire time I've been here, but I've managed to hold it in. Not sure if I'll be able to do it after we wrap, though.

I was right. When we finally wrap the season and Madison, Charlie, Owen, and Jer give their little speeches, I can feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. No matter how many times I wipe them away, there's still more on their way. Everyone's speeches were so sweet, even Owen's, who joked the whole way through his. I think he might've done it just to try to hide the fact that he was actually really sad.

The four all walked over to where Savannah and I stood after they got done with their scene. I was still crying, not as much, but it was definitely noticeable. I could tell Sav had a few tears coming down her cheeks also.

I hugged Madison first, then Jer and Charlie, finally making my way over to Owen. He doesn't say anything at first, just wipes away my tears and then pulls me in for a tight hug. He rocks me back and forth for a few seconds and then lets go.

"This feels so surreal," Savannah says, breaking the silence. All of us nod in agreement.

"It feels weird having to accept that this is finally over. Like, you guys are my second family. What am I supposed to do when we're not all together anymore?" Madison says.

"Hey, you can't get rid of us that easily," Charlie half-smiles, putting an arm around Madison. "We'll still stay in touch, promise."

"Thanks, guys," she smiles. "You know I love you all, right?"

"Aw, we love you too, Mads," Charlie grins.

Owen gives me another quick hug before following the others over to the little Julie and the Phantoms cake they had. Owen and Charlie never fail to amuse me- Owen getting excited over seeing himself on the little topper, and Charlie getting excited over the champagne. Savannah stands beside me as we watch them cut the cake. She's pretty much been my emotional support throughout this entire week.

When the others get done with their pictures and stuff, Owen and Charlie come back over to us. Owen hands me a cupcake and tries to give me a reassuring smile when he sees that I still have tears running down my face. Seriously, I'm not even that hydrated, how am I crying this much?

"Jenny, lighten up- we just finished a whole TV show!" Charlie tries to encourage. "No need to be sad, you still have like a week left with us."

"I know, Charlie. And I don't even know why I'm so emotional today. I know Madison said that you guys were her second family, but you guys are really... my only family. And I'm just not ready to say goodbye yet."