one

'Darlin,

if I were the moon,

I would like you to be

My brightness.'

- Alexandra Vasiliu

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Primrose had been heading back to her common room when a tall figure bumped into her, all of her books spilling out of her hands and scattering on the floor.

Bending down quickly she began to collect them, as did the other person. As she went to pick up her sketchbook another hand collided with hers.

She glanced up, as did the other person, emerald met hazel. Their eyes connecting, creating a bond of sorts. A moment that you read about, one where everything goes silent and time seems to still. It was a moment Primrose had only ever experienced through fiction.

'I'm so sorry, that was completely my fault.' The boy exclaimed. Only then did Primrose realise who she had bumped into. The messy raven coloured hair, a lightning bolt scar peering through. She stilled for a moment before regaining control over her body.

'No, that's ok.' She replied quickly. He swiftly picked up the book and handed it to her. She glanced at his held out arm, the book placed in between his fingers before looking back up to his face. Taking the book carefully, she placed all of her belongings into her bag. All but the purple one that Harry Potter had just handed her, that one she hugged tight against her chest.

'Um — thank you,' She mumbled before sweeping past him. Leaving Harry struck as he turned around just in time to see her dark hair turn the corner.

Harry stood there for a moment, trying to recall who that girl was. He did not recognise her, the green robes she was wearing gave him a clue as to why. Shaking his head, he sighed before continuing on his way to the library to meet his friends.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Primrose had just made it back to the Slytherin common room, muttering the password she headed inside. She made her way quickly through the dark room, ignoring the other students as she headed up to the sixth year dormitories.

Stepping into her room she nodded towards Daphne Greengrass — a fellow sixth year — before climbing onto her bed and shutting the curtains. She opened her bag, ensuring that all of her belongings were present after the previous incident in the hallway.

Surprisingly, that was the first interaction she had ever had with Harry Potter. You would think that with going to the same school for the past 5 years, and being in the same year they would have conversed at least once, but no.

Primrose decided not to ponder on it, instead she pulled out her sketchbook and opened up to her latest page. The page held a light sketch of a girl who was standing in an empty room, her face slowly melting, features dripping down. To others this may seem like quite a morbid image, however Primrose did not care. She used drawing as an escape, she used it as a way to express her feelings.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

So with the sun setting upon the world, the looming moon rising up, shining down upon all of the darkness. The two teen's went about their lives. Not giving their incident a second thought.

Primrose sat, sketching away with the sound of the black lake in the background. The merpeople's melodic singing could just be heard if you listened closely.

She sat in peace, hiding behind the safety of her emerald green curtains, tranquility taking over the atmosphere as she released all of her pent up emotions from the day into her purple book.

Harry sat with his head in his hands at a table in the library. Ron and Hermione were bickering as per usual, about something that Harry was not interested in enough to pay attention to.

He sat there, staring out at the pearlescent moon. He sat there reminiscing about Christmas at Grimmauld Place from last year, closing his eyes as he imagined himself back into his fifth year self's body.

Pretending as though Sirius was still alive, pretending that he was back in happier times. Harry sat there, drowning out any other noise as he placed himself in his thoughts.

As he felt himself drifting off into a slumber he forgot, he forgot about the pain, he forgot about the guilt and above all he forgot about all of the loss. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

save me | hp

word count - 771