fourteen

'there are friends

there are family

and then there are

friends that became

family.'

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

As everyone waited for Mrs Weasley to serve Christmas lunch, they all took their seats. Primrose was in between Harry and Ron.

'Harry, why did you have a maggot in your hair earlier?' She asked, being reminded of breakfast.

'What? Oh! That was a lovely gift from Kreacher, Sirius'— well mine now— he is a house elf, who doesn't like me or well anyone very much. I'd take that over Ron's gift from Lavender any day though,' he grimaced.

'Okay, I must see this gift now,' she insisted, dragging the redhead into the conversation.

'Fine!,' he grumbled, pulling something shiny out of his pocket, 'if you tell anyone about this I'll kill you.'

Although begrudgingly, he handed the piece of gold over, it was a necklace with the words 'my sweetheart' dangling from it, Primrose couldn't help but let out a loud laugh, resulting in Harry laughing as well. A couple eyes turned to the trio but they soon turned away.

'Oh well—I—It's lovely, truly,' Primrose tried to say between laughter.

Ron quickly snatched it back, his face going redder then his hair, 'yeah, yeah,' he grumbled.

Mrs Weasley came to the table soon after, various plates of food hovering behind her. With a flick of her wand the plates flew over to the table and placed themselves down. Mrs Weasley herself was sporting a royal blue witches hat, little diamonds speckled about to look like stars, she was also wearing a brilliant golden necklace, when in the light it shone so bright that it was impossible to miss.

Once Mrs Weasley had sat down and motioned for people to begin eating, everyone dove in. Soon, all the plates were piled with delicious looking food and light chatter had spread amongst the table.

Primrose dropped out of conversation with Ginny and turned her eyes towards Remus, who was talking to Harry and Mrs Weasley.

'But Tonks has her own family to go to, doesn't she?' Her old professor asked.