24: Revealing Secrets

Amelia

I had gathered everyone in Cassius's office after I went to get Casper from the secret room. Zeyd, Hansel, Venus, Casper, heck! Even Lance is there. Callum was in his room with guards guarding him. He took a nap since the effects of the teleportation made him feel dizzy and of course, the traumatic experience.

I stood in front of Cassius's desk, facing them who were seated on a large sofa. Cassius was leaning on the table beside me. I breathe in deeply to gather the courage to say something.

"There's a reason why I came here to California instead of Moscow. It's because I was running away or should I say, hiding." I started.

"Hiding? Hiding from who?" Ven asked.

"From a very powerful enemy. The enemy who leads thousands of rogues just to hunt me and my kind." I said and gritted my teeth. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply before opening them again to calm my nerves.

"It was my thirteenth birthday that rogues and those creatures had destroyed my pack, Alba Rossa, in Italy. We were betrayed by my mom's trusted friend as he sold us off to them. I only managed to escape with the help of my mom and the Luna of our pack. I don't even know if my family and some of the pack members survived but I know my mom is still alive because although I don't have a connection with the pack anymore, my mom and I are different since she's not a wolf." Seeing their faces, I guess they have a clue as to what my mom is.

"I went to Germany at the castle of the Vampire King's younger brother, Klaus Iwan Erhardt II, and his family. Which, by the way, you guys met his wife and son. I stayed there for five years training and learning then I decided to travel around the world since those enemies found out that I was living there. I don't want them to get involved so I decided to leave the castle.

"I've been traveling for five years, jumping from different countries and cities just to avoid them. My last destination before I came here was Pittsburgh. Rogues had been chasing me nonstop, even the ones who weren't affiliated with them since I have a bounty on my head. Pictures of my face have been scattered all over the world. I somehow ended up here since this place is more secure. They wouldn't know that I would be here since I'm a rogue too and no rogue who was foolish enough and cherished their lives go here.

"I was just going to live in this country peacefully and away from here but somehow I ended up in this pack. I guess fate wanted me to take a rest from all that running." I explained to them. They were all quiet and paying attention to my every word. Cassius was like digging holes at the side of my head but I refused to look at him after the way he spoke to me earlier.

"The reason why I was being chased is that I'm a half-angel. Having the blood of an angel is like a threat to them and needed to be disposed of. They wanted to get rid of me." I saw Cassius clench his fist while trying to control his anger.

"I may be a hybrid but I'm 60% angel. My angel genes are more dominant that's the reason why I don't have a wolf. But that is not the only thing why they wanted to get rid of me. The fact that I'm an angel is a threat but I'm not just an ordinary angel, I am a Phoenix Angel." everyone gasped except for Cassius.

"Is there a possibility that you could be the child of Adaya?" Casper suddenly asked, making me laugh a little.

"I don't think so. My mother told me the angels who willingly descended from the human realm, will live a mortal life. Adaya descended centuries ago, I can't be her daughter or any of her descendants since I don't possess the gifts she has. My mother told me that my great-grandmother was an ordinary Phoenix Angel, not Adaya." I explained to them and they seemed to catch up.