28: Estra

Amelia

The three of us sat on the counter with Cassius beside me and the intruder, 'Errick' is in front of us with a grinning face. I got a closer look at the dude and since we're in a well-lighted place, I can clearly see his face.

He was a really gorgeous specimen but not as gorgeous as Cassius. Maybe a percent below Cassius? I can feel the power radiating over him, not as much as Cassius but you can tell he's strong and of course, a Lycan. Although his aura is strong, his appearance is just a happy-go-lucky prick. You would easily get deceived by his appearance.

He has platinum blond hair, a mischievous smirk that is always plastered on his face, and electric blue eyes that seems to hide a lot of mischief. He looks like the total opposite of Cassius but powerful enough to intimidate someone.

"So, who is this lovely lady who is so ready to barbecue me?" He asked playfully and I scoffed.

"Barbecue you? More like burn you to crisp." I mumbled enough to be heard by him. He laughed and Cassius only sighed beside me.

"I like her, she's a spitfire this one, Cassy." I rolled my eyes. I can literally spit fire, you know.

"Amelia, this is the heir of the strongest pack in Russia and an acquaintance, Errick." Cassius said.

"Correction, best friend." Cassius rolled his eyes while I raised a brow at them.

"Errick, this is my aethyraz, Amelia." Cassius introduced me with pride. Errick's eyes went big but then, he smiled widely.

"Goddess! You have a Phoenix Angel for an aethyraz?" he asked excitedly. My eyes widened in surprise while Cassius remained calm like he already knew this was coming.

"How the heck did you know?" I asked him.

"Errick has once met a phoenix angel. He told me about their powers and everything." Cassius said and my eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"So you two knew about my kind? No wonder you took it calmly." I asked him, feeling a bit angry right now.

"I didn't believe him and I thought it was only his joke. And this guy likes to make things up. It's really hard for someone to believe his words." He defended himself.

"Hey! I was really telling you the truth. I had no evidence since those angels instantly left after a day of rest in my pack and I haven't got a chance to show them to Cassy over here." Errick explained.

"Wait, those angels? You've met not just one?" I asked him.

"Yes, doll face. I've met like five of them." Cassius growled at what he called me so I scooted closer and held his hand to mine while I rub soothing circles to calm him down.

Clearly, Errick is amused by how Cassius acted. I hope he wouldn't tease him too much. I don't want to deal with two Lycans scratching each other's faces.

"I offered them shelter for them to heal when they are being chased at. My castle has the most powerful barrier after all." he said with pride.

"You sure are very reckless to offer your home to strangers." I said and he shrugged.

"I sensed no ill intentions from them." he propped his elbow on the counter and leaned forward.

"Besides, they are in my territory. Anyone who is not a member of the pack will have their strength halved due to an automatic spell if they don't have permission from me. That'll make it easier for me to kill them." he said menacingly and I got chills all of a sudden. I don't know why I felt this way. Cassius seemed to notice my discomfort so he pulled me against him and wrap an arm around my waist.