31: Uninvited Guest

Amelia

The next morning, Cassius has become grumpy due to a huge problem that has been going around. I tried to ask him what the problem is but he only snapped at me then he apologized afterward without even telling me the reason why. I, later on, found out when Hansel had slipped the information from his mouth.

Hansel said that one of the guards patrolling has found the dead bodies of some guards with lots of silver bullets on them. If they were Lycans, they would only receive scratches but only a few here are Lycans which are Cassius, Hansel, Zeyd, Venus, Casper, Quinn, Lance, and five more that I haven't met yet.

Due to the news about the dead bodies, everyone was advised to stay in their houses and that includes me. Cassius on the other hand went somewhere far with Hansel and Zeyd. They didn't even tell me cause they think I will follow them. How can they keep someone like me locked up in the house when I can obviously help them?

"That is because you're a troublemaker yourself." Errick said from my right who was currently playing a game on the screen. I looked at him and raised a brow. I probably said that out loud.

"I'm a badass angel, of course, I should become a troublemaker in this place." I said and he laughed.

"I can't believe your aethyraz is Cassius. You two are complete opposites." he said and I rolled my eyes. "It's great that someone like you is his aethyraz. A very funny, beautiful, and stubborn angel that can literally light up a fire in his life. It's about time my friend needs to settle down." he said.

"You haven't found your mate yet or what you Lycan's call it aethyraz?" I asked him and he gave me a sad smile before he masked it off with his playful smirk.

"Not yet, but I'm hoping that I can find her before it's too late but for now, I'm content with my freedom of being a Cassanova and I'm still young." he said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"What do you mean by too late?" I asked again and he shrugged nonchalantly.

"Too late as in gonna marry some random high-class lady, my aunt will pick." I looked at him sympathetically. "The chances of a Lycan finding his or her aethyraz are slim, especially if you're someone who has already lived hundreds of years. Like my parents for example, they married each other when they didn't find their aethyraz just for the sake of continuing the bloodline."

"Well, that must have been tough."

"Yeah but they love each other and made me so now, my aunt is trying to get me into an arranged marriage like my parents. My aunt may be the Alpha of the biggest pack in Russia but she cannot rule over my life because to me, having my aethyraz by my side is more important to me. It's either marrying my aethyraz or being single forever." he said genuinely and I smiled and patted his back.

I guess this is why the goddesses have favored the Lycans, the first of our kind. Their loyalty is closer to none just like how Errick spoke about having an aethyraz can bring you happiness or how Cassius is still single despite living a lot longer than most Lycans. I can see that whoever Errick's aethyraz will be is going to be the luckiest girl.

"I've changed my views about you." I said and he raised a brow.

"I'm sure that what you've been thinking about me before is not really good." he said with amusement in his eyes and I only shrugged with a smile. He ended the game and stood up.

"Well then, I should make the most of my time here by going to bars and getting to know a lot of women." His eyes glint with mischief and I kept a straight face.