16: L'angelo Fenice

Amelia

I'm eating dinner with everyone right now and the atmosphere is a little gloomy. Zeyd and Venus aren't talking with each other. Callum doesn't have any appetite so his mother helped him slice his chicken. He might be sad since he'll be going to his sister and grandparents in England for his safety. Cassius, on the other hand, had this very angry aura, and Hansel? Well, let's just say he kept on shooting a questioning look my way.

After Venus has finished eating, she excused herself and left, followed by Zeyd who seems to not care that Venus wasn't talking to him. After Callum has done eating, I asked Hansel to take Callum to his room which he followed. Now it's just me and Cassius.

"Cassius, are you still mad at me?" I asked him. He looked at me and sighed.

"I'm not Amelia, I'm just confused." he said.

"Why?"

"I'm confused because I can't quite understand you. Your actions were so sudden and the next thing I know, you're doing something different again. It's like you're so far away from me and you're not telling me anything. It's like there is this transparent wall surrounding you that wouldn't let anyone break through it." he said and I felt guilty for my actions earlier.

"I'm sorry. It's just that, I'm used to being alone that I'm never aware of the people around me. I always do everything on my own and I refuse to ask for help from anyone." he held my hand and rubbed soothing circles around it.

"You're not alone anymore. You told me that right? I am also here for you, Amelia, as you are to me. I want you to rely on me more." he said and I smiled and mumbled a 'thank you'.

"And you know who I am right? What power and authority I hold in this world." he said smugly and I chuckled at him.

After we were done eating and having small talks with each other, he walked me to my room. I was almost in my room when I remembered that I needed to do something.

"I almost forgot. I need to go to the library." I said and he gave me a confused look.

"At this hour? Can't you go there tomorrow morning?" he asked and I shook my head.

"No. I need to find this book. It is really important after all."

"Well then, I shall accompany you."

"It's okay Cassius, you need to sleep. Look at how dark the bags under your eyes are." I said while cupping his face. He frowned when I refused his company and snaked his arms around my waist.

"I can't sleep knowing my aethyraz is still awake." He mumbled and I giggled at his childishness.

"Don't worry Cassius, I won't take long then I'll sleep beside you in your room." I said and he lit up at what I said. I just realized that I said that I wanted to sleep with him so my face turned red from embarrassment. "T-that's only because I will probably get tired and your room is closest to the library so don't get the wrong idea, okay?" I hurriedly explained to him but he only smirked.

"Keep telling excuses yourself mon amour." he said and kissed my forehead. "Just hurry up and return to my arms, ma lune." he winked and opened the door from the library for me before he left. (my love. My moon)

I went inside the library and thanked the moon goddess when I saw lots of books scattered on the floor. I looked at the books and read the titles. The Three Guardian Angels, The Fallens, Angel Michael's descendants, The Tainted Angel, The Elementals, and many more. Each and every one of these books has one thing in common.

Angels.

The mole is pretty obvious in their attempt on trying to find clues about phoenix angels. To think they would actually leave all of these books here. They should have mixed in a few different kinds of books if they wanted to hide their plans. It's either they did it deliberately or they're just stupid.