33: Every Second Counts

A/N: I thought I wouldn't be able to post an update this week but then again, I never thought I would have enough free time.

The picture shows the color of Amelia's eyes.

******

Cassius

Ever since I met Amelia, I had this feeling that she and I were a bit similar. The both of us are keeping secrets. Not simple ones but something heavier that only we can understand. I know she was hesitating to reveal her secrets and I will not ask her unless she open up first. She also knew that I knew that she was hiding so many secrets.

I'm not angry though, or upset. In fact, I find it adorable how she's trying to avoid bringing up her secrets. It's amazing, this feeling of having an aethyraz. It's incredible how I can understand her so well like I've known her all my life despite only just meeting her.

I smiled as I followed her trying to find her way into the forest. Surprisingly, she knew where she was going as if she's been here before. Zeyd and Hansel found her in the forest but it was on a different path. The forest is very vast so I don't think she went this path before.

I already knew where she was planning on going with the path she took. Before we entered the forest, I could hear young wolves inside the forest. When we're nearing the destination, I can hear five pups and Hansel's nephew, Casper. They were bullying Casper and I can tell, this is the purpose of her visit to the forest.

"Hey! You kids, stop bullying Casper. Don't think I'll let this go! I remembered all of your faces." she yelled at the kids. As soon as the other kids left, Amelia rushed towards Casper.

"Hey, buddy! Are you okay? We should go, this place is not safe-" she suddenly stopped.

I can also feel it. A bloodlust not too far from here. But before I could respond, a gunfire could be heard. It went straight to Amelia and my body just froze as I watched her clutching the wound where the bullet went.

I could only finally move when I heard Zeyd and the rest of the warriors approaching and Amelia starting to fall. I caught her before she could reach the ground. A lot of blood kept pouring out from her wound and I tried to stop it.

She's not healing.

"J-just like that? So fucking anticlimactic." she scoffed.

"Amelia, you're going to be okay. Stay with me okay? You only need to stay awake. Quinn will be right here any moment." I said with my voice and hands trembling as I caressed her face. She reached out to my face and rubbed something under my eye. I didn't even realize that I started to tear up. Something that I thought I would never experience.

"I'm sorry." she said breathlessly before her eyes closed.

"Amelia? Non mon amour, please open your eyes." I said as I held her closer to me.

"Cassius!" Quinn arrived and checked Amelia's pulse and if she was still breathing. "We need to bring her to my clinic."

I ran as fast as I could, while carefully carrying Amelia until we reached the pack clinic with Quinn's wife waiting for us. I put Amelia on the stretcher and the staff quickly took her to the emergency room. I followed them but Quinn stopped me.

"My King, I'm sorry but you can't enter." he firmly said.

"Save her. Do everything you can to save her." I ordered him and he bowed down in submission.