7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?

Amelia

Why did I even do that? I could just tell him and yet, here I am, drying his hair without his consent. I blame it all on the bond. Now, this is going to sound like an excuse to touch him. Due to embarrassment, I was going to withdraw but he said something that stopped me.

"Hm. I left it that way so that you could dry it off for me." He said and smirked.

I know it sounded cliche but as someone who has no experience in dating and romance stuff, I could get swayed, okay? And the fact that it came from my mate brought butterflies to my stomach. That is what a mate bond does to you.

"Ehem. Don't let it become a bad habit." I mumbled to myself. I'm too embarrassed to be even talking to him right now. I heard him laugh and it was like music to my ears.

Wait, laugh?

"Okay, okay." He said while still smiling. A few minutes after, he became serious and stared at the distance.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you earlier when you were supposed to be my aethyraz. I was really angry and scared because of the rogues that took my cousin but that was not a good reason for me to treat you that way." he said genuinely while looking at me dead straight in the eyes.

"Well, it can't be helped it. It's not your fault if you thought that I was a rogue since I currently don't belong in a pack." I said and smiled sadly. I saw a flash of worry on his face which is not like him. This isn't like the Lycan King that I've heard from the rumors.

"Y-you can tell me all about it...if you're willing to." He said shyly. He's stuttering! The tyrant is actually shy right now!

"I didn't expect you to worry despite hearing that you're a heartless tyrant from the rumors-" I quickly stop myself from speaking more. I don't know why my stupid self said that. I glanced at him and I saw a hurt expression on his face. He quickly changed it to his usual stoic expression when he saw me glancing at him.

"I think it's time for us to sleep." He said and stood up. I followed him and we walked in the hallway without any of us speaking until I reached my room. I thanked him and went inside. I jumped on my bed and sighed. I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost eight. It's quite early.

'You're so stupid, Mia.' I thought to myself and was suddenly reminded of what Marjorie said earlier.

(Flashback)

"I heard from lady Venus that you're uneasy about being his majesty's aethyraz. I know the two of you didn't get along well at first but please forgive our king for being like that. He was raised without his parents by his side and he was also the only one who witnessed their deaths. He was also once betrayed by a trusted subordinate, that's why he doesn't trust anyone but himself and became cold." Marjorie said while putting the petals in the water.

"I can understand why he grew suspicious about you even though you are his mate. The one who killed his parents was a helpless rogue, or so we thought, his parents had a kind heart so they sheltered that rogue and that was their biggest mistake. To think that rogue would bring them." I can see the sadness in her eyes as she talked about his parents. I knew she was hiding something but I decided not to pry.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. She smiled at me and held my hand.

***

I can understand why he did that, I really do since he and I have been betrayed, and how helpless we were. I would have done the same thing if my mate were one of them. I cannot forgive the ones who hurt my family and I would do anything, no matter how long, just to get my revenge.