38: Date On Faerie Territory

Amelia

"Amelia."

"Oh fuck!" I cussed due to being surprised. That nearly gave me a heart attack.

"For someone who's trained to be an assassin, you're not really sensitive to your surroundings." Cassius said and chuckled.

"Well, that's because-... never mind." I stopped myself from saying what I was about to say cause I knew he'd gloat about it. His smile grew even bigger.

"Isn't it because you felt safe here? With me?" He said while grinning proudly while I, on the other hand, was blushing profusely. He was so spot-on. 

"A-anyways! Where are we? Are we in faerie territory perhaps?" I said trying to change the subject. He chuckled and took my hand.

"Yes. No one is allowed here other than me and you, " he said, leading me towards the lake.

At the lake's end were floating golden stones that shone brightly. They were big enough for us to step on and it leads to the gazebo. I can tell that the lake is very deep and for that stone to be floating naturally would only be the work of faeries.

"Are we supposed to walk through that?" I asked nervously and pointed out the floating stones.

"Yes. Don't worry, it's safe." He said and pulled me gently to go with him but I pulled back.

"Are there like boats? I think a boat is much safer. Or how about I'll just fly us over there?" I offered- well more like made excuses. I only heard him chuckle and then swoop me up in his arms.

"Wha- Cassius! Put me down!" I said while trying to suppress my laughter. I'm very ticklish so when he's carrying me, he is touching me on those parts.

"We don't want to ruin your dress when we haven't started yet, right?" He said and I blushed in embarrassment.

I let him carry me while he walks unto the floating stones. It feels like it's floating. Even with our weights combined, the stones never sunk even for a bit.

My eye then caught something jumping on the water. They don't look like fishes since they are shining in different colors like gems. They were so small but I could see their figures. They have a face of a human but their eyes are a deep violet. Their body on the other hand were like silk clothes wrapped around them and their limbs and hair were like fabric flowing. Their colors were dark from the neck and became lighter, almost transparent when they reached the tip of their limbs and hair.

They look so beautiful in the lake. They even shine brighter because of the moonlight. The once diamond-like lake looks more like a rainbow of gems because of them.

"Cassius, what are these things?" I said while failing to contain the excitement that I felt.

"They are water sprites. They guard the lake and make illusions so that no one can find this place." He said. Three sprites went up and reached out their fabric-like hands for me to hold. But then, Cassius gave a low growl which alerted them and made them scurry away while being upset.

"Be careful, Amelia. They like you very much so they are trying to compel you into joining them to go to their home." Cassius warned me.

"Isn't that good though?" I asked confused. I mean, their homes are probably underwater but I know a spell that can create an air bubble for my head.

"If you go to their home, you'll be either trapped forever or hundreds of years. Since there is no day or night there, you'll lose sense of time. You might think that you're staying there for a short while." he said.

"Woah, they do that? I thought they were kind." Well, that was what I read from books.

"They are kind. It's just that they are shut off from the world that they become very curious and like to prank a lot. They have no idea what's normal, good or bad. What's more insane is that they will trap you without ill intentions." he explained.

"So they have the mentality of a child." I said and he nodded his head.

"We're here." He said and put me down. I didn't even realize that we had arrived.

The gazebo is really pretty with its fairytale-like design and cream color. It was also surrounded by flowers of different kinds and colors. Cassius moved the chair for me to sit like how a gentleman would. He handed me a bouquet of purple tulips. My heart instantly melted at that. Tulips were my mom and mine's favorite.

"How did you know?" I asked as I got teary-eyed. He cupped my face and wiped the tears that were about to fall.

"Well, let's just say someone stubborn helped a bit after countless of asking." he replied. I giggled at the thought of how many times Cassius probably bothered Xerxes for information.

"But mon amour, this is just the start."

Suddenly, a bunch of food appears on the table out of nowhere and accompanied by music. Surprisingly, the food was piping hot like it came out fresh from the oven. I'm not a gourmet so I can only say that they are scrumptious to look at. There are varieties of food and I'm pretty sure I can't finish these all. That is if I'm normal! Hahaha!

Cassius and I ate and talked about a lot of things. We shared stories from my travels, from his teenage years to our interests. It was really fun and comfortable. It feels so normal. Something that I've never experienced but always wanted to feel.

These little things he's doing make me fall in love with him more. Sure there's this soulmate thingy but I didn't fall because of that, I fell for the person that he is. And it's dangerous. Cassius seemed to notice my distress so he stood up, went to my side, and held out his hand.

"What is it?" I asked him and he gave me that sweet smile of his.

"I'm asking the most beautiful lady I've laid eyes on for a dance." he said and I blushed.

"W-well, handsome sir, this lady doesn't know how to dance. I'm afraid I'll step on you and embarrass myself." I said but I still placed my hand on his. He then pulled me swiftly. His right hand was at my back while the left was firmly clasped on my right. My feet were on top of his and I rested my head on his chest.

"Don't worry, you can step on my feet for the whole dance and you'll still be perfect in my eyes." He said and moved our bodies as the music started out of nowhere.

How can this person be so sweet?

I know he knows I'm hiding a lot of things from him but he never questioned me about it. He's just waiting for me to tell him. How can he trust me this much? Even though we are bound by fate, we are still strangers. How can he trust me when he was betrayed before?

Honestly! How can I not fall for this man? He's too perfect.

We were dancing to the music- well, he was practically carrying me while we were dancing. And I was laughing at how ridiculous this looks like but in a good way. This feels really nice and so peaceful.

"I wish every day would be like this." I mumbled to myself but since we're very close, he definitely heard it.

"It will be. I'll make it happen. You just have to stay by my side." He reassured me and kissed the top of my head.

I know it will never happen unless the ones who're hunting me are dead. So this time, I'm done running. If I want this kind of life then I need to end this hunting game. That's why I need to leave. I don't want to involve Cassius. Therefore, tonight will be the night that I will leave.