22: An Attack

Amelia

The situation in the pack house right now is chaotic. Cassius is in his office along with Zeyd and Hans while, Casper, Venus, and I helped the women, the elder, and the children to evacuate to the basement. Luckily, the rogues were still in the woods fighting some of the warriors patrolling the area.

Lance was standing at the center of the field together with fifty men, all lined up with guns. They were shooting the rogues who emerges from the woods. They are doing this to protect the people who were trying to evacuate.

The Alpha and Luna right now aren't here since they went to the main pack, which is in France after I got to meet them since there can't be more than one leader of a pack. I didn't even get to know them for more than an hour and they already left with little Callum.

We had evacuated everyone just in time for the rogues to swarm out of the woods. Cassius, Zeyd, and Hans went out of the office to go outside. They didn't even let me and Venus join them outside but let's face it, I am not obedient so Ven, Casper, and I went out secretly and hid in the bushes. The rogues did not attack yet and so as the warriors. Cassius, Zeyd, and Hans were in front of them.

Suddenly, a man and a woman walked in front of the rogues. The man, which I'm guessing is the leader, has a gruff hobo-like appearance with an unshaven beard and red eyes similar to a person on drugs. Then the woman was quite unusual. She has tan skin, and long hair with big and dark green circle accessories all over her neck, hands, feet, and ears. She also has writing-like tattoos, the ones I've seen before on a picture Xerxes showed me about an Egyptian witch.

"Leave or I'll kill each and every one of you." Cassius' threatening voice boomed through the area which made not all the members flinch but the rogues as well. Yeah, he's that powerful but somehow it didn't affect me. What's more, it made me turn on so badly and think that it was sexy as hell.

I've finally lost it.

"I'm sorry to intrude oh great king but we need that book that my partner has failed to get." he said while mocking him and that made my blood boil.

How dare he insult my mate. No one dares to insult him but me.

I was about to yell at the douche when I realized what he said. He's here for the book. I looked at Casper who was holding the book very tightly with a fearful expression. My top priority now is the book, not those damn rogues. I took Casper and Venus' hands and drag them out of the bush and into the open window.

They were asking me where I'm taking them but I ignored them and continued to drag them toward the library. I went further inside until I saw that familiar painting. I took the picture and pulled the lever to reveal a hidden trap door. They were surprised at what they saw that their mouths hang open.

"Okay guys, our top priority now is the book. The two of you need to enter this secret room and guard the book. This is the safest place for now because no one knew about this." I gave them instructions on what to do.

"How about you? Don't tell me you're going out there to fight?" Venus asked and I nodded my head.

"There's an elemental witch there and I need to kill her." I simply said. Saying the word 'kill' is pretty much normal to me for that is what I've been doing ever since.

Lycans were probably the most vicious and feared predators. They've been living here a lot longer and killed many. But I, as a trained assassin, killed for a living. I have abandoned a normal life long ago ever since my pack was destroyed.

"That witch is the one who possessed Zeyd right? Then I'm coming with you." Venus said. I was about to protest but she stopped me from doing so. "My aethyraz and cousin are out there and I need to help them." she stated with all seriousness and I mumbled a 'fine'.