2: It's Time To Run Again

Amelia

I arrived in California after a couple of hours and I stayed glued to my seat until the plane becomes empty. It was already morning here when I arrived. I finally gathered up the courage to stand up when no one is around and the stewardess is glaring at me. I inhaled deeply and exhaled. I'm sure they can't smell that I'm a rogue since I don't have a wolf but I still have that unknown smell that differentiates me from humans.

I went to get my luggage and after I grab all of it, I went outside the airport to wait for Xerxes' auntie Emma who lives in a town called Amity Falls. She's a witch and she's willing to help me hide in the meantime.

After a few minutes of waiting for her, outside the airport, I saw a bright pink Beetle that stops in front of me. A woman in her late 50s greeted me with a big smile. She has strawberry blond perm hair that stops on her shoulder, ivory skin, high cheekbones, a slim figure and wears a pink sheer blouse and white pants.

"You must be Amelia." She said as she went out and headed towards the trunk to open it.

"And you must be Emma. I'm really grateful for your help and for sheltering me." I said as I placed my bags in the trunk. I turned to her and offered my hand to shake but she hugged me instead.

"Oh, not to worry dear. I always help a person in need. That's our family's motto." she said with a wink and started the car. "Xerxes always talks about you and how you needed my help."

"Yeah, I kind of messed up a bit while hiding." I said and she gave me a knowing look.

"Well, you'll be safe in my house. I have put some enchantments so that your scent won't reach his majesty or his people but once you're outside, you have to mask your scent." I nod my head and watched outside.

We've been driving for a couple of hours until I can see the sign of the town. The place is really surrounded by forests on each side. Luckily, Emma's house isn't located in isolation like what most witch prefers but seeing her choices of colors and bubbly personality, she prefers a crowded place.

We stop at a light pink small house with a beautiful garden in the front. "It's not much but it's home."

"I think it's perfect." I said and smiled. We entered the house and as expected, it was surrounded by shades of pink. She showed me to my room and I placed my stuff there.

"Well, I'll leave you here to get comfortable. I'll call you later for dinner." she said and left. I lay on the bed and instantly doze off.

***

I've been staying here in Emma's house for three weeks already and so far, no one has found out about me. Well, there were a few werewolves who visits here occasionally and asked Emma if she has any clue about my whereabouts.

Rumors about me being here has spread throughout the whole town already the moment I arrived so I never went out of the house without Emma to accompany me. I don't even know how they knew I was here. It's like someone is watching me. Whoever that is, I need to get rid of him.

Emma went to go shopping in the next town for ingredients for her potions. She left me a note saying that I should eat my breakfast at a local diner five blocks away since she left very early. She also handed me cash. I refused her giving me money countless times but she's so persistent. I will just have to leave a huge amount of money in the room I stayed in when the time for me to leave this place comes. I don't intend to stay here for so long. I will wait for the right time and then leave.