27: Lazuline's Heir

Amelia

After waking up from a long sleep for three days, it's the best time now for me to get some exercise but Cassius won't let me. I returned to my bedroom and sat on the bed with my head leaning on the headboard. Food was also already prepared.

There are lots of food and then there's the pizza that I badly want to eat since I didn't get the chance to eat one, a few days ago. I was enjoying my meal when a knock was heard on my door.

"Your majesty, it's Quinn." Quinn said from behind the door.

"You can come in, Quinn." Cassius said and sat beside me while wiping the dirt on my face.

"I'm here to examine her highness." He said after he walked in. Quinn's hair was disheveled like he was rushed to come here.

"Woah. Did a tornado hit your place?" I joked to which he chuckled awkwardly.

"Haha. My apologies, I was in the middle of something when I was called to come over." He said shyly while trying to hide his embarrassment.

"I can tell." I said and smirked, knowing all too well what he meant. He was going to say something but decided to shut his mouth up. He must be embarrassed when I figured it out.

"Ahem. Anyways, I did a lot of research about phoenix angels and it was really hard finding something about a hybrid angel since there aren't any records." He said and I raised a brow then looked at Cassius for an explanation as to why he knew I was a phoenix angel.

"I told him since if he is going to treat you, he needs to know that you're a phoenix angel." he said. He looked so composed and emotionless in front of everyone but so different from me. I'm not supposed to smile goofily at this, that's why I'm trying so hard right now to suppress it.

"Also the fact that most of the pack saw what you did and your wings so some might not know and some does." He pointed out and I cleared my throat. I almost forgot about it.

"Anyways your Highness, I've gathered lots of information from reliable sources and found out all about your kind. Theories about half-angel, Theories on how to become a full-fledged, and lastly, a record of a half-angle centuries ago." He said and handed me a thick file of papers. I took it and began to scan it.

"It says there that since you're not a full phoenix angel, your mortal body cannot withstand the power of the phoenix angel so your body is undergoing a phase of combustion. By expelling the excess power you have, a magma-like sensation will surround your body for a couple of hours or even days." He said. He's so spot on. These are pieces of information that Aunt Vargo only had. I turned to the next topic in the papers and he continued to explain again.

"There's also a theory on how you'll become a full angel but mostly those were just speculation and it was never proven or tested and what's more intriguing of all is this!" He said excitedly and pointed out a picture of a sketch.

It was quite blurry since the picture was zoomed and it's already so old. The sketch was rough and messy since probably it was made in a hurry. The reason must have been because the girl in the sketch is staring back at the artist. Even though it was quite far, the girl still saw him. Like a predator eyeing its prey.

"Where did you get all of this information?" I asked surprised since I've been researching about these for years but found none.

"It's a trade secret." He said smugly.

"Quinn is the head of an information guild branch." Cassius spilled.

"Your majesty!" Quinn's face is really priceless.