14: His Secret

Amelia

It was seven in the evening right now and I took a quick bath and put on some clothes. I plopped myself on my bed and took the bottle. I look at it and the piece of paper with a magic circle drawn on it. After looking at the magic circle countless times, I put it inside the drawer. I wanted to sleep but I can't since the scene from the cells kept on replaying in my head.

I tossed and turned until I fell flat on my back on the ground. I groaned at the pain in my back but I didn't dare to get up. The door suddenly opened to reveal Cassius carrying two mugs and by the smell of it, it was hot cocoa. He raised a brow upon seeing my state but I still didn't dare to move. I'm too lazy to do it and besides, the floor is cold and I like it.

"There is this manner called knocking you know." I said to him. He walked towards me and placed the mug on my bedside table. I raised both of my arms, indicating for him to carry me. He chuckled and lift me up. He placed me gently on the bed and he sat at the end of it. He handed me the hot cocoa and I mumbled thanks.

"I figured you couldn't sleep today so I brought you a hot cocoa." he said and I smiled at him.

"Aww, aren't you the sweetest and the cutest?" I said and pinched his cheeks. He was surprised at what I did though.

"Real men aren't cute." he mumbled and I snorted.

"Yeah right." I said and took a sip of my cocoa. I moaned at the rich taste of the coco. "Oh my gosh, this is like the best hot cocoa I've ever tasted." I wasn't exaggerating though. This is really the best I've ever tasted.

"Of course, it would taste great, I made it after all." he said and I smiled. I took another sip of the cocoa.

"Thank you. This will really help me get to sleep." I said. I thought he will just let me finish my cocoa but he surprised me with what he said next.

"Seeing me in that state can leave nightmares after all." he said and I look horrified.

He knows.

"Cassius I-"

"It's okay. Knowing you, you won't just sit still after what happened during the attack." He cut me off.

"I'm sorry. I was really curious. Can you explain to me what happened back there at the underground prison?" I asked him carefully. "If you wanted to but if you don't, it's okay. I can understand. I mean I kno-" he silenced me with a peck on the corner of my mouth. I can't even speak or move with what he did. He took my mug and put it on the table. He lie down on my bed and pulled me against him. His arm serves as a pillow for me and his other was on my waist, pulling me closer to him until we were only inches apart.

"I was born with a curse, Amelia," he said and my eyes widened in surprise. "It was a time before the ten kings were made. Since the first head was one of the first Lycan who was made by the moon goddess, he became a king. The curse started with the fourth head of the Crépuscule pack. King Donello Deandre Ambrose Denovan, was my great-great-grandfather." then again my eyes became twice bigger upon hearing it. That's a lot of D's.

"King? A real King? So you're actually royalty before your title as the third king?" I gasped and he nod his head.

"Yes, it was centuries ago when there were only the seven elders which are composed of witches, sorcerers, and warlocks, and a lot of monarchs from different races. The ten kings only appeared during my great grandfather's time, who is King Donello's eighth son, Claudius Eleazar Denovan. Due to a lot of unjust monarchs from different races, a war broke out which leads to the fall of countless monarchs. Since there are too many rulers, it causes too many territorial disputes so the seven elders and the leaders of those who started the rebellion dethroned them all. But due to the loss of rulers, our world became unruly and chaotic so they made a new one, limiting it to only ten rulers. Thus the birth of the ten kings." he stated and looked sadly.