9: Black Magic

Amelia

He was running towards a tall white building, probably the pack hospital, and I saw a boy younger than me approaching us. "What's wrong, your majesty?" Cassius didn't answer him so I showed him my arms which were already infected and his eyes widened. "She's been poisoned!" He almost shouted.

Cassius grab the collar of his shirt and growled at him. "Go get Quinn. NOW!" he yelled and the boy ran as fast as he can towards the hospital. Cassius entered the hospital, shoving past some people until we reached a room and he placed me gently on the bed. A few seconds later, a young man dressed in white entered the room with a nurse behind him.

"What happened, your majesty?" he asked Cassius.

"She's been poisoned, Quinn. Please, do something." Cassius said without taking his eyes off me. Quinn, on the other hand, was a bit shocked when Cassius said 'please' but it was completely replaced with a horrified expression as soon as he saw my arm.

"Shit! Gale, give me my white case!" Quinn yelled at the nurse who was carrying five different boxes of different colors. She handed him the white one. Quinn opened the box and grab a small bottle with purple liquid inside and an injection. He emptied the bottle with the use of the injection and shot me in the arm.

As soon as the liquid is inside my veins, the poison has stopped spreading and the grayish-blue bruises in my arms are slowly fading. My whole body grew numb and I didn't even realize the nurse injecting an IV into me. Quinn went outside to get something. He returned after an hour and a half.

"She should be fine by now since the poison didn't reach her heart yet." Quinn said to Cassius and he looked at me. "I know what kind of poison this is. It's deadly and it's really strange how fast it's spreading on her arm. Usually, this kind of poison will spread at a slower pace. I don't understand how it's spreading so fast."

"Black magic." I blurted out.

They looked surprised at what I said. Even, I was surprised. I mean, Black magic is forbidden and was long lost centuries ago so it would be a surprise to them that it was the first reason I could think of.

There's no use hiding it anymore.

"The markings on the tree, it was from a warlock or a witch. I've come across that mark before but it was years ago and only once, so I assumed that it means nothing. But then, I've come across a book that has a picture similar to the markings but there was no explanation yet." I told them.

"Do you happen to have a library here?" I asked Cassius and he nodded his head. I was about to get up when Cassius and Quinn stopped me.

"Don't move yet, Amelia. You're not yet healed." Cassius said with worry laced in his voice. I smiled at him and showed him my already healed arm. The shock was evident on their faces.

"Don't worry Cassius, as you can see I'm already healed." I reassured him.

"That's impossible. The antidote will heal it for two days." Quinn mumbled and I avoid eye contact with him. I can feel Cassius staring at me intently but I just shrugged him off. I took the I.V. out and got up from bed but I failed miserably as the antidote was still making my body a bit weak. Luckily, Cassius held me into place before my face could fall flat on the ground. But it wasn't the gentle Cassius that I saw, it was the furious one.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to the damn library." I said sarcastically. I'm not usually the sassy type but considering the attitude, he showed me earlier, who wouldn't want revenge on that? I can clearly tell he is angry without his face showing it due to the aura he's releasing. I wanted to laugh at him but because of our situation right now, I don't have the time to have fun.