35: The Deal

A/N: MANA: A witch, mage, or sorcerer's source of power.

MANA CIRCLE: A ring that surrounds the heart of those who can use mana. It determines the level of a mage.

******

Amelia

Curse.

It's something warlocks, witches, or dark mages would usually do. Some may think curses cannot be revoked unless you fulfill certain conditions, but that is not the case. A curse, in fact, has a time limit depending on how powerful the caster is. It could take a month, a year, a century, or even seconds. But even those short time frames can kill the receiver depending on the type of curse inflicted.

Curses are quite complex and have a lot of rules. It's like a first-grader learning advanced calculus. That's why not many use curses nowadays. There's also a disadvantage of balance. It's like putting the content of the curse and time duration on a weighing scale and balancing it with the caster's mana.

So if the size of your curse is that of a rock and the duration is more than a year, then your power is nothing but the size of a single bean, the curse and the time would be adjusted, or in some cases it could be rejected and the caster will receive a penalty. Like creating cracks on the mana ring on their heart.

Aunt Vargo did a lot of curses out of boredom but she did revoke some. Curses are possible to revoke but that only applies if the caster is a transcendent being like the elders. Powerful enough to defy the rules. She did stop though when she got married to her beloved.

Now, in Cassius' case, it already is frightening how the curse lasted more than a thousand years and how it was passed down through generations. But then there are two of them with the same duration. This is not done by different casters but is made by only one. I want to deny it but the caster really is Winderwald.

Despite everyone's knowledge about how curses cannot be revoked once it has been cast, they really can, according to Aunt Vargo. But this information is a secret cause if everyone knew about it, it would lose its powerful meaning and casters would become irresponsible at using this. That's why it's only known to elders and a few high-class witches. But still, it can only be canceled after a few minutes after it was casted, if they were normal mages or witches. Although they could receive penalties such as their mana being sealed for a week. That's why this information is long gone because the ancestors didn't tell their descendants so that a curse will remain to be a dangerous thing and will not use it recklessly.

This curse on Cassius is on another level. As someone from a direct lineage of one of the first-ever Lycans, they are on par or more powerful than the elders but to think that Winderwald was able to put a curse on them, not one but two, just shows how monstrously powerful Winderwald is. Since Winderwald is no longer here, the only choice for the curse to be lifted is to follow certain conditions or wait for the time limit. The former would be the least hard.

"Amelia." Cassius suddenly said while clutching on my shirt. I was so lost in my thoughts that I must have looked like I was spacing out.

Cassius...Everything about him screams adorable. It's amazing how he can look so cute with those chubby cheeks, puppy-like eyes, and pouting mouth. Not to mention those child-like voice that sounds like a little fairy. It makes me want to eat him up. It wasn't just his appearance that changed, it's his personality as well. He has become a real child.