4: T H A N K Y O U

D R I S H T I

I was not so sure if taking him inside my house was a good idea but I did it anyway. Even if he had helped me with the fence there was no way I would be getting along with him. Asking him how he got hurt seemed a bad idea so I lead him inside the house and asked him to sit on the couch till I got the first aid box.

Rakshit seemed uncomfortable with the treatment he was getting and continued looking here and there in awkwardness "You don't need to do this, really. Look, you're caring for me which nobody had done for me so far. I don't want to disrespect you, but I don't want any help"

"I'm not doing it just because you helped me. I'm studying to become a doctor, and that's what doctors do, helping others, right?" He nodded his head and sat down on the couch, looking at the floor while his hands never ceased peeling the skin of his thumb.

I went inside my room and grabbed the first aid box lying on the top shelf of the closet. I went outside the room and saw Rakshit sitting silently on the couch, and from the look on his face, he seemed pretty unsure of what I was trying to do by helping him.

From my past experience, I had always been distancing myself from most of the people but how long would I continue it when I was in med school.

"Can you take off your shirt, please?" I managed to keep my hesitation from pushing the situation into a further uncomfortable situation and didn't let the feelings be expressed on my face.

"Can you do it with the shirt on?"

"No, I need to see the wound clearly and from the shirt on I can't figure out how deep it is or where are you exactly hurt. So, can you?" Rakshit simply hummed in silence and removed his shirt.

No sooner did he keep the shirt aside, his well-maintained body drenching in sweat came into my view. It was clear how to trouble he would have faced in maintaining such good health.

The only thing bothering me was a few scars and blue-blacks leftovers of what seemed to be punches. One or two of them seemed terrible while others were either healing or almost healed.

"Can you be a little quick?" I flinched at my place and let my eyes make an indistinct contact with his, at last landing properly on him.

"Yeah" I spoke.

Pulling out an antiseptic along with some cotton from the box, I sat near him and started cleaning his wound. From a closer look, it didn't look that sort of bad which could not be healed quickly. Just some antiseptic and proper dressing would be enough to do the work.

"Turn around" he did what I asked him to do and turned around. I stood behind his back and continued cleaning his wound with the cotton and soon moved on to the dressing work.

He didn't show any sign of pain when I was cleaning it. Fact: Mental pains are worse than Physical ones. He looked bothered by nothing but himself, sad, broken, and aimless.

"How did you get hurt?" As I was done with more than half the work, I thought it was the right time to ask him. But this only lead to the tightening of his shoulder muscles which was visible from his naked back.

"I don't like getting along with people neither answering any questions, so please don't ask anything" with his head slightly turned to the back, he gave me a cautionary look before restoring his prior posture once again.

"Looks like we have something in common" I smiled gently at him and completed the dressing. "It's done," I said, picking up the medical waste left behind which included used cotton and leftover waste gauze which I used for dressing "You can put on your shirt now"