25: B I R T H D A Y

D R I S H T I

Varun's birthday preparations were all done and the celebration was just about to start but there were still no sign of both Rakshit and Varun.

Varun being Varun said that he was okay with the clothes we bought that day but in the morning he started bawling in front of Rakshit that I forced him to buy those because I liked those. Due to his continuous cries Rakshit decided to take him to the store and buy him whatever he wanted.

That little mischief stopped crying at once and asked Rakshit to lift him up.

As if I didn't know he wanted to match clothes with Rakshit.

"Mommy!" Great. Speak of my little devil and here he comes.

An overly excited Varun ran up to my feet and hugged my leg, "Mommy look, Raksh and I are matching! We matching matching mommy we twinnie- twing- um!" His innocent gaze returned to my face as he pulled my dress down to ask me the word he forgot.

"Twinning"

"Yeah same what you said" he smiled and pulled the knot of my dress hence opening it. "Ops" he laughed and ran away shouting "Divya! Sia! Romi! Ajun"

Yeah he called Arjun- Ajun.

I looked around myself and saw Rakshit wearing a deep blue jacket, Varun wearing a similar one and I was wearing a deep blue dress too.

"Why did you take him to the store? You're spoiling him. He does not always need whatever he wants" I complained but Rakshit seemed to take it as an appreciation.

Didn't he think what would Varun do if he failed to get what he wanted in future?

"I'm so sorry" He smiled and walked towards me seeing me half mad at him. "But I guess I have the right to spoil him"

"No you don't" I smiled back at him and allowed him tie the knot of my dress that Varun opened. The knot was on the front side so it was easier for me to look at his face as he tied it.

"Oh yes I have. Afterall he'll be my son one day, you know" he spoke. I have never mentioned this part but every day while lying in the bed I have imagined Varun calling Rakshit dad and us living as a happy family.

I blushed at the thought while Rakshit kissed my forehead and embraced me in a hug. "I can't wait for that day you know"

"Me too" I sighed. We have never talked about it but both of us wanted it as much as Varun wanted the dress on his birthday.

"Drishti you know-" he cupped my face when Collen entered with Varun on his shoulders. Due to the sudden entry we had to separate and look around in embarrassment "I- I was tying the knot of her dress"

"Did we say anything?" Said Collen.

"Yeah" Sighed Varun.

Now what was that for?

"We were just wondering if both of you were coming for the games. Varun was getting impatient. But looks like we have to wait"

"No its fine. We're coming. Right Rakshit?" I stammered. I looked at Rakshit who stood silent, not wanting to go and intentionally staying quiet at the question asked. "Rakshit!"

"Yes! Coming" he nodded his head.

"Collen?" Varun spoke

"Yes Varun?"

"Nobody ties my knots" I have given birth to a father and not a son.

Period.

Collen left with Varun while Rakshit was smiling at something going on his mind. "He's growing too fast na. God knows what he will be like grown up" Rakshit sighed.