9: D I N N E R?

D R I S H T I

We had met just a few days back but he seemed to be so indulged in our lives that at some point of my day, I could see him easily. It seemed that Rakshit was close to becoming a part of my daily routines. Crashing into him was something that became more often after he met Varun.

It had been a weak that Varun met Rakshit but he won't stop talking about him. I tried talking to Rakshit once after that day but there was no clear response from his side.

To add to my guilt, I would always find him standing outside the cafe, in case I ever needed him he would be there. I had tried to talk to him just once, and so I thought to give it another shot. Afterall he portected Varun.

Divya and Sia were willing to agree that Rakshit was a good man, and suggested that I should invite him to dinner at my house for thanking him and apologizing for what I did.

That apology by the way should be from their side and not mine. It was them who told me to stay away from him.

"One caramel frappe please" Collen leaned on the shelf like he used to and rested his cheek on his hand.

"One caramel frappe, here it is" Making his order was quick because he would drag his ass here any time every day and whenever we saw him entering and standing in the line, his order was set to preparation.

"You know me so well D" he smiled, taking the glass from my hand, not forgetting to brush his fingers with my hand while taking it. "Thanks"

He should be glad that I didn't make it. If I had, I would have added few drops of poison to it.

Unfortunately there were no more customers in the line so Collen stood at his place and started conversing with me. There was no need to explain how Lily admired the both of us through the corner.

"Why do come here regularly? Seems like you love drinks so much" Smiling at him, I cleaned the counter as my shift for the day had already ended. Like every normal day, Lily was making my chocolate shake with dark chocolate chipped ice cream before I left.

"Oh I love the person who hands them to me too" He laughed but I frozed at my place when realization was creeping in, telling me he was talking about me.

I didn't know how to react so I started laughing with him, silently wishing that some customer would arrive and take me out of this situation.

God has his own ways.

Today he sent help through speed post.

The wind chime jiggled as the door of the cafe opened welcoming the customer. I thanked God for sending the person to my rescue and continued cleaning the counter.

"So as I was saying-" Collen continued talking but a heavy voice suppressed him when the customer said

"One hot chocolate with marshmallows please" my head lifted in sheer excitement when I recognized the person.

In front of me stood Rakshit, wearing plain white tshirt with black jeans. I nodded in approval and went to make his order while Collen looked unpleasantly at the new arrival.

As I finished his order and went to the counter and passed him his order. Taking his payment, I stood at the place and watched him take the jug holder. Meanwhile Lily was done with my regular favourite and placed it in front of me. It seemed the right moment to talk to him about dinner at my house and a perfect time for apology.

Ignoring Collen's comments and other talks, I called him from the counter "Rakshit"

He turned and watched me standing behind the shelf, half nervous to ask him if I could sit with him for a drink. "Yeah"