E P I L O G U E

Since in this story they didn't get much time for themselves- Imma write a bonus part but it will take some days. Three or four. Two bonus parts.

R A K S H I T

"I still can't believe we are doing this" Drishti looked at me when she took her place beside me at the mandap.

"Me too" I smiled at her and started performing the rituals as pandit ji instructed.

Drishti's parents wanted the marriage to be held in India so after she completed her degree, we flew back to India to get married. But we came back once their relatives didn't stop bitching about her and our Varun.

Varun was now nine years old and he for most of the time till marriage, he lived with me. Drishti's parents came to stay with her in her house and told all their relatives about Varun without any shame this time. It sounded easy but it was a pretty bold step.

Varun loved his mommy for sure and as he grew up his love only deepened. When her parents announced the marriage we got engaged in a month and decided to marry when Drishti would have completed her degree. The specialization would take more years of study though.

As for me, Drishti always supported and encouraged me to follow my dream, so I started to paint and draw, just as I liked and now I'm one of the top artists in the state. The starting wad more than rough though. I had to face a series of failures before the sudden wealth which came after one of my paintings was auctioned.

As you know I was the youngest, let me tell about my elder brothers.

Divya and Romi had already married, so she was living with us and thank god I got rid of Arjun's oh-so-waste cooking. Romi and Divya's entertaining fights never ended.

Surprise- Arjun and Sia married too. Later than Romi who was younger to him but was super excited to get married.

Fun fact- Sia got pregnant earlier.

Her due date is four months from now and her pregnancy hormones have everyone on her fingers.

A poor heart however broke.

It was Varun's. When Divya got married she didn't cry in the end as brides did out of happiness, but Varun, damn he did wet my sherwani with his tears and rubbed his snort near my neck. Same went for Sia's wedding.

Life with my brother's and sister in laws was the best. My son, Varun who started calling me papa when Drishti got engaged to me. Varun would spend the weekends with her mom and grandparents while the other days and some of the weekends were for me.

And his girlfriends.

Morever I had Drishti with me, the one and only lady love of my life. I used to take her out on dates, we had several fights, we irritated each other, stood for each other and what not. Everything was mixed up.

"Rakshit" Drishti whispered as we stood up for the pheras and held my hand. "I love you"

"I love you more" I whispered, intertwining our fingers properly.

"I love you the most, now move mama papa" Oh I forgot Varun was roaming near us.

"Ah, you little naughty boy" her nani pulled her cheeks infilated with air. I laughed remembering how he was the one to tie our gathbandan.

We took the vows and completed the marriage by filling her hairline and tying the nuptial chaik around her neck. Everything seemed perfect now. I had a family, a really beautiful one and I was proud of them. Now I would be taking my Drishti and my Varun to my home.

"Yeeaaa! Now I am Varun Drishti Rakshit Shergill! Yee!" He ran around clapping while Divya was trying to calm him down.

"He loves you" Drishti whispered.

"And I love you two" I kissed the back of her forgetting that there were guests around us who awed. "Oh oh" Yeah she was passing me looks.

"Rakshit please! Stop embarrassming me"

"What? I'm just showing the world my love for you"

"Then go home without me if you want to show your love" that's rude and hurtful, ouch. Something broke. Maybe my poor heart "Now don't get me any bollywood line"

I was just about to.

"I love you?"

"Stop saying that too"

"I don't love you?"

"You want a divorve seconds later you got married?" She raised her eyesbrows at me while I stood quiet.

"Nobody respects me or my feelings"

"You are more than Varun" she giggled and hugged me, in front of everyone. "I love you"

"I love you two, three, four, five, seven infinity" forgetting everyone around us I picked her and twirled her around that made her laugh. As soon as I out her down I saw everyone watching us, especially Varun. He stood with a shocked face then sighed.

"Papa you forgot six. Don't worry, I will help you and teach you" That made everyone laugh and so did she.

The day was the most memorable day of life. My incomplete life was completed with my wife, my son and my brothers and sister in laws. Two lovely parents too.

Life with them was the literal best.

I entered the decorated room at night and found her looking at me. "And here I come!" I screamed in joy and scuba dived on the bed beside her. She laughed seeing my excitement and kissed my nose.

"You're such a child"

"Just for you"

T H E
E N D

BONUS PARTS AHEAD

last one or two parts of differences short story will be posted soon