17: E M O T I O N S

R A K S H I T

I felt my eyes beginning to get moist at the view in front of me. Romi stood in the front smiling at me, his tears visible on his face while Arjun stood behind him, quiet and emotionless.

Drishti was still close to me, her arms wrapped around my torso and my left arm holding her in place giving everyone equal attention.

"You?!" I gasped at the sudden arrival. All kinds of memories, sweet and bitter, of childhood and teenage, came rushing to my mind. Feeling that my legs could give in any minute due to the sudden knocking of so many emotions, my grip around Drishti tightened.

My emotions kept juggling from sad to happy to hurt in just a fraction of seconds, my insides minimizing to their collapsing level.

"Yes Rakshit. It's us. We found you brother, we found you" Romi yelped in happiness and cleaned his tears.

"How did you find me? And why did you find me?" Was my first question coming out of my mouth with butterness and Romi understanding that part of my curiosity seemed willing to answer.

"Rakshit stop! I'll answer all your questions, just don't be mad like this. Please brother" he pleaded, but the man behind him who had sworn that he would keep his mouth shut was still hurting me.

The incident might have passed but the pain and the scars were still fresh in my heart. Arjun did not try to stop me, he just let me go. I know he did not like me getting hurt but that was no reason that he should have left me wandering on the streets.

"We tried finding you everywhere Rakshit but we couldn't-"

"When did you try?" I spat, losing the control over the tears I had managed to support in my eyes. Tearing Drishti away from me lightly, I warned them through the motion of my finger "Don't return in my life, ever again. I've stabilized after a long time. I don't want to see you or listen to anything you have to say"

"Rakshit please, we tried but we failed in every attempt to find you! We might have failed earlier but we found you at last, we are here and we were always with you!"

"Where were you?" I asked "Where were you when I was roaming around the streets without a shelter on my head, waiting for my brothers to come and take me with them? Where were you when I was starving in that dark lane behind our home, waiting for my brothers to come and feed me with their hands like they always used to do? Where were you when I deliberately left a note on your doorstep telling you that I was leaving that city forever? When I needed you, you were not there. Don't say your heart or love was with me, because as far as I remember, you were the same brothers to turn your face away from me. He had his ego Romi but why did you not step forward to stop me? You kept asking him to stop me but yourself did not act, because you never wanted me to stay"

"Rakshit please! It's nothing like that. We tried looking for you when we found the note, before that we thought you would return home after your anger subsided but you never came back. It's been five years Rakshit! Five years, we missed you, we love you. Don't push us away like this. You can't live without us as we can't live without you!" Romi's voice shook and his Adam's apple vibrated in his tear struck throat.

I could feel his gulit and his love but the silence of the person standing behind him overshadowed Romi's love just like my love was overshadowed by his ego and anger.

"You don't love me Romi"

"Do you remember the littman dad gave me on my birthday?" I nodded in approval, it was the most precious thing to Romi after us as it was dad's last rememberance for him "We had to sell it to find you"

This could not happen, Romi was so emotionally attached to that littman that he was never willing to us touching it. Did he actually sell it?

"If you do then please, don't use the word we because there's just you in that case and nobody else" I wanted to lie that I was not attempting to provoke Arjun to say something. I haven't heard his voice from the past five years and the reaction he had on seeing me was still hurting.