16: T H E Y C A M E

Ps: This was a short story and will end in a few more parts.

R A K S H I T

It had been days that I went for fighting and maybe that was the reason why I barely had any money to satisfy my daily requirements.

Walking towards the ring I played the sweet memory from a few days back. The night that we returned from the carnival and Varun asked me to bring my face closer to him.

His lips met my skin and were instantly withdrawn back to whisper in my ears 'I love you too now Raksh, from the very first day I liked you, good night' in my ears. That was a surprise me because from the past five years nobody told me that I was loved.

This was one of the best moments for me and as soon as he said that, I stood up in complete shock but followed by peace of mind. To add to that bliss that night, I held Drishti in my arms. Never in my entire life did I have a physical contact with any girl. I felt her shivering at my touch and this came with another feeling;

Maybe she liked me too.

It had been two months that I had known them and we had grown pretty close in that span. Drishti and I had been meeting frequently in the cafe that she worked, walked home together with Sia's permission and sometimes joined the mother and son and gardening too. Divya and Sia would also caught up with us at times and it was progressive. I felt myself being happy and not feeling lonely anymore. Everything seemed to be perfect but there was a fear stuck in my head.

What if I fell in love with her? Will she accept me if that ever happened?

We all know what we feel and studying my feelings carefully I could find myself feeling a little more than what was required. I wanted the company of a friend, she became one. If I wanted her to be with me for a lifetime, will she ever be able to do that?

I did not have a proper job, I can get highly injured during any fight which will give her nothing but pain. She had always wanted her son to be in a good company, and I can't say that I could be one of the best. Will she even like me when she came to knew what I do for a living?

Holding these thoughts in my head, I entered the ring and looked at the opponent who was jumping back and forth on his toes, preparing for the fight. The money at stake was about five thousand dollars and my mind did not want to let it go.

The crowd cheered as the fight began. My mind was still clouded by her thoughts, her smile and the hidden blushes every now and now when she would meet me. This made me unfocused, leading to the opponent get a hold on me.

He punched my face, making me stumble on my steps. I shook my face to flush her thoughts out if my mind and focused on the thing that drove human anger.

Hatred

I remembered my mother, the things she did to give make sure that we never lived peacefully. I remembered that so random person who told me that I was just a lonely aimless man who was devoid of all love.

Another punch landed on my face, I tried dodging it but failed because I was quiet busy in distracting myself and letting the anger pile inside me.

It is funny how love can fail to drive us but hatred mever failed. Even if the impact could be little, it surely existed and made us react in a little sophisticated way.

The third punch, directed to my stomach sent me on my knees, his knee hiting my jaw and blood starting to come out of my nose.

Half of crowd gasped at my falling down but the other half cheered for the opponent. Whatever happens, one should never celebrate too fast, this overconfidence could be lethal.