15: A D M I R A T I O N S

D R I S H T I

After Rakshit agreed to accompany us for the dinner, which was not coming soon because none of us wanted to stop wandering around the fair until we were fed up.

God knows what crept into Divya's mind when she caught Varun and Sia's hand and ran into the crowd, leaving Rakshit and I alone.

Good

So now we stood near the Ferris wheel looking around to find the three but failed. In between my tries to find them I was reminded that Rakshit had been with Varun so he must have missed the major fun rides. I took it as an opportunity to ask him if he wanted to go on the wheel with me.

Trust me, the level of difficulty I was facing him to ask him was out of the world.

Muttering a you-can-do-this to myself, I circled my hand around his arm to stop him. He looked back at my hand but not me, so I had to call him to grab his attention. The moment he looked at me, the gushed away confidence once again crept into me and I knew I was born to ask him out.

Shut up Drishti

"I was thinking that you had been with Varun all the time so you wouldn't have enjoyed any adult ride you know" Intertwining my fingers every now and then, I shrugged my shoulders a little while talking to him.

"Yeah but those rides were much more fun. Your son is an absolute sweetheart" he smiled.

"Yeah, he absolutely is" My son is definitely the best thing that ever happened to me. His smile, his laughs, his-

On the topic Drishti!

But I love my son.

"I was thinking that, since you did not get a chance to go on those rides, we can go together, you know, as friends. There is this Ferris wheel right in front of us. So, what say?" Having no idea why I added 'as friends' I waited for his answer which was given by a simple smile and a walk towards the wheel.

We bought the tickets at the counter and waited in the line for our turn. It was a good time to listen to what he and Varun did when we were on the other side. Varun did not open up with everyone but it seemed that he was growing pretty close to Rakshit.

It was our turn now and we got to our seats. In front of us sat an old couple who seemed to be so much in love. They were holding each other's hand when they seated themselves and even after it. Rakshit and I sat opposite to them, admiring the lovely duo along with the surroundings once the ride started.

The elderly couple along with us were enjoying the ride unless it stopped all of a sudden with us stuck on the top of it. At first all of us groaned in frustration but later we knew that there was no point in being frustrated when such a beauty laid in front of our eyes.

When the ride had stopped Rakshit's arm went to grab the metal strip of support behind me and it seemed as if he was holding me while sitting. I did not mind it and continued admiring the view.

"This is so beautiful" I asked him, looking at the lit-up city from the top of the wheel. "Right Rakshit?"

"It truly is. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen" I could say that a smile followed this statement.

I admit that the view was beautiful, but not to be called the most beautiful thing one has ever seen. With this query I turned to him only to find his eyes fixed on me, making me realize that the view was not the thing he was referring to. It was something else or rather say, someone else.

"Rakshit!" I shook him but he just hummed, he was fully attentive and deliberately staring at me.

This was the moment when I had to face the other side to avoid him from noticing the blush heating my cheeks. People have complimented me in the past but this time was something different and a lot special than every other compliment I ever received.