22: N E R V O U S

R A K S H I T

I was swinging on the one of the swings in the park while Varun was busy playing with Romi and Divya. Arujun had fpund himself a respectable job nearby, forgetting the idea to return to our hometown. We decided to sell our house and move here, where it felt like we were among those people who loved us.

I took in a deep breath. Holding my head between my hands I let my mind fight over a bundle of ideas for my first date ever.

Where would I even take her?

That was the main question. I had no idea where she wanted to go and what were expectations for a nice date.

What if I failed to make her happy?

What if she did not like what I would do for her?

What if I did something below her expectations?

"You upset upset friend of mine" From between my legs I watched Varun lying on the ground, facing me from below the swing.

I had just told Drishti I loved her a few days ago and since day I had been kind of ignoring her, pretty tensed about date preparations and now when she would see her son bathed in dirt, she would definitely kill me.

"What are you doing here panda! Get up before your mom comes and stranglers me to death" I picked Varun from his armpits and pulled him from under the swing to my lap.

That was when I saw Romi and Divya standing beside me.

"We saw you like this. So we came to help you" Varun smiled at me, patting my cheeks. "Don't worry. We will help you"

"It's not something you can help me with kiddo. You go there and play" Rubbing his hair I tried getting him off my lap but he insisted on sitting there.

"But I want to help you Raksh" he pouted. I was not his mom, so I was not falling for that.

In case

Just in case

Ok

Someday when we would marry, this child will be my son and I was not willing to spoil him to the extent that he could not live without comforts. I will make him strong enough.

The thought made me blush.

"You blushing baby bro?" Romi chuckled. I glared at him at an instant but he did not stop laughing. It was only when Divya hit his arm and gave him a look to stop teasing me, he stopped laughing and rubbed his arm, totally silent.

"You earned it" I laughed.

"What's earn Raksh?"

"Ask your mom" I told him and looked at Divya, giving her a pleading look.

"You need help for the D?" She scoffed. I gave her a bright toothed smile which made her scoff even more "I hope everything goes on fine. It's been a whole month that you asked her out"

Well not directly

I joked

She said a yes

"You asked someone to get out?" Where is this child's mute button again?

"I don't know Divya. I'm just nervous. I-" My brother being no less than a full of hormone teenage girl bestie who would try hyping her bestie, screamed

"You asked her out! And you didn't tell us?" His hands automatically slapped on his face, expressing his unwillingness to accept that I had the courage to ask Drishti out. By now he had understood who Divya was referring to. My brothers always told me how I made it so obvious.