23: D A T E

Highly recommended:- moonlight by Harnoor

D R I S H T I

(Imagine the R shaped locket)

I looked at the silver hanging on my neck and touched the R before smiling at Rakshit.

"Don't get me wrong. I thought you would like it. If you don't like it I can buy you a D one" overthinking facts.

"I loved it Rakshit. You should calm down" I laughed.

He smiled for a bleak second before turning to the other side and asking for my hand. I gladly slipped my hand in his and walked with him towards the table.

The loveliest thing about the decorations was how elegantly they were done. It was neither anything too normal or anything too decorative. Just a perfect atmosphere to blend in with the feelings which were finally allowed to sink from the surface and run in deeper. Silver and black decorations added to the extra calmness just like they always did to me. Flowers were kept, but only at the table which made it much more eloquent. The wise and unexaggerated use of flowers, the color coordination, the limited decore and the blanket of stars above us seemed perfect.

"Do you like it?" Rakshit rubbed the back of his neck nervously, something he had been a lot lately.

"Are you kidding me Rakshit? I loved it. It's so perfect to me" I clasped my hands as I looked around us.

"Thank God You liked it. I was so confused when I was doing this and thought you wouldn't like it" Wait

He did that?

Rakshit looked at my astonished face. Understanding the obvious query of mine he wrapped his hands around my waist as he pulled me closer. "I rented this entire floor and did the decorations on my own, in spite of the fact that nobody was allowing me to do. Like excuse me, can't a person do work on his own? I had to pay them extra for not disturbing me then and more extra for leaving us alone now. Damn these nasty creatures"

If I said that he did not look pissed, it would be an absolute lie. His face clearly held some of the worst signs of annoyance which flew away once I started laughing at his complaints.

"That's not funny" But your face looks funny.

"Are we just going to keep standing or there is something else planned for us?" I knocked his shoulder and pushed him off me with gentleness.

"There certainly is" he smiled proudly.

I felt his pinky finger circling around my own pinky as he lead me towards the table and pulled the chair for me. As soon as I sat down, he was on his knees, right in front of me holding my hands close to his chest.

"Um okay. I don't know how to start but I will do it anyways" This was me during my exams.

"I know I have already told you how I feel about you but I want to do it once again. I don't have many things to say, just want you to know how precious you are to me, how much I love and how much I long for starting this beautiful journey of life with you. And the most important part of your life, your Varun, I promise you that I would never let him down. Some day he has to know about us and I know you are worried about that too but trust me" He takes my hands and kisses on the back side, resting his head on them for a few seconds "You won't ever regret being with me and Varun is not going to experience the lack of a fatherly figure just because of some douchebag. I will be there, for both of you, no matter what Drishti. No matter what"