24: C O L L E N

D R I S H T I

I was wiping off counter waiting for everyone to arrive at the cafe so that we all could have a little time together. Basically it was meant to know more about Romi and Divya, the way the felt for each other I mean.

"And those eyes of yours, damn!" Oh yeah I forgot to mention, Collen was sitting in front of me on the stool.

I had friend-zoned him yet he was not giving up.

"Thanks Collen" I sighed, knowing that he was not going to stop even if I told him not to praise me each and every time we met.

Was he listening?

No

And when Rakshit would enter, he was not going to like Collen doing what he was used to. Recently Rakshit and I were spending a lot of time together and Varun was watching us with great interest. He probably would have guessed what was going on.

It was so obvious.

"So, would you like to go out on a date with me?" I sighed at Collen's questions and turned around to reply him when the person behind him replied for me.

"I don't think so" Rakshit and the others had entered the cafe and Collen was glaring at Rakshit for replying on my behalf.

"I asked her, not you" This guy hated his life for sure.

"Mommy!" Varun yelled and gave me a flying kiss from across the counter before looking at Collen who was trying to catch Varun's attention. "Oh hi" he smiled a bit and tried getting on one of the stools but due to his short height, failed.

"Let me help you with that" As much as I wanted Collen to be my friend, I also wanted Rakshit to start behaving a bit nicely to him.

The reason why I said it was because both of them rushed to help Varun get on the stool.

Oh and last time Rakshit intentionally dropped his coffee on Collen and didn't even apologize.

I love Rakshit but I couldn't handle these two people always trying to get on each other's nerves in addition to their continous attempts at proving themselves better.

"Are they always like this?" Arjun sighed as he looked at his brother and Collen fighting like children and trying to pick Collen.

They were going to break my baby.

"Don't start on that" I removed my appron and asked Lily if I could take the rest of the day off.

She obviously allowed me.

"Leave me!" Yelled Varun but the two looked high on ego and insisted on helping him. Varun looked at me helplessly but I walked away from the trio towards the seat with Arjun where everyone was sitting.

"Gosh, poor Varun" Divya giggled and while laughing dropped her head on Romi's shoulder.

Romi who was sitting with ease till now suddenly tensed which was visible to everyone. We all passed a few smiles among overselves and started some conversations about them. Like what they thought about love etc but only after a few random questions to which everyone answered.

They should not get the hint.

"So Divya, you have someone in your life?" Asked Arjun. Technically we should look at Divya but we chose to-

"Mommy!" I looked back and saw Collen and Rakshit standing with ice creams in front if Varun and trying to flip the cone other had bought.

Anyways.

But we chose to look at Romi whose face looked like he was asked to swim in a public pool when he had severe diarrhea.

"Actually no" His face showed that excitement "But I do like someone" He looked like he was about to die. His eyes popped out completely and his lips mumbled some inaudible statements.