Aftermath (2 days after invasion)

Sasuke, Ino, and Sakura were wearing all black funeral-like clothes as they were preparing to go to the funeral together.

Ino then looked at sasuke in a sad tone "have you heard or seen him since the invasion sasuke"

sasuke sighed "only once and the second he noticed me he just vanished with the body flicker"

Ino sighed "all right...well we can't be late"

Sakura sighed "yeah I know he wants to be there but he still blames himself for the thirds death."

Sasuke looked at both of them before continuing to walk "naruto even though he is not prideful or a show off knows that he possess great power....he feels the responsibility to use that power to help all the people he cares for....so when one of the few people he truly trust and loves is taken from him...he holds himself accountable for the situation."

Sakura sad and confused looked at him "yes but it's not fair you and naruto saved the village from the one tails it's just not right for him to go through this alone right now."

Sasuke sighed "your right but he needs time...think about it we all have lost someone we care for....he's been alone his whole life other than the time he spent with the third before meeting us...he just lost one of the only pieces to his life for the first time... give him time he will come around." They then arrived at the Saratobi clan funeral location; everyone in the entire village was there other than naruto.

On top of his dad's monument head naruto sat just crying looking up at the rainy weather "I'm so sorry gramps. I should have been there to protect you. I will make that snake orochimaru pay with his life...I promise you that gramps. Say hi to mom and dad for me and look over me.....please"

naruto then appeared at the Namikaze estate as he was quickly getting ready to head to the funeral he got all dressed up in his suit as he then body flickered away he then ran as he eventually made it to the funeral.

He saw everyone crying including Konohamaru and ino. Everyone gasped as he walked by but he didn't pay it any attention he then just put one arm around Ino and the other on konohamarus shoulder. "It's all right Ino I'm here now don't worry"

Ino then put her head into his chest crying "are you gonna be alright naruto"

naruto then sad smiled while looking at her "with you by my side I can get through anything Ino." She then looked at him with a smile before going back into his comfortable chest.

He then turned to konohamaru "konohamaru be strong gramps wouldn't want us to cry like this he would want us to cherish the memories we had with him...and carry on with the same will of fire he possessed."

Konohamaru stopped crying as he looked at naruto "the will of fire"

naruto then continued to speak "yes, the will of fire is the determination to never give up and keep on pushing forward...my will of fire is to protect the people I care about and also to become the hokage one day...we all possess it, it's what makes us who we are."

Konohamaru then wiped away his tears "your right boss. (Konohamaru looked up at the sky) "I promise gramps I will use my will of fire to protect this village" naruto then patted him on the head.

Naruto watched as everyone then started to walk up to his casket and say their goodbyes. Ino, Sakura, sasuke and naruto all walked up to the casket as the last couple of people to leave other than Jiraiya.

Ino spoke first "thank you lord third for looking over our village and looking over naruto...thank you for keeping us safe. She then walked away and went to her dad as she was still crying.

Sakura went next "thank you for always being there to lighten our days and teach us how to be Shinobi. Thank you lord third for everything." She then walked away. 

Sasuke then went next "thank you lord third for protecting my best friend when no one else was there for him, I thank you for giving up your own life in order to save the village I have come to enjoy being in"

sasuke instead of leaving put his hand on naruto's shoulder as he knew this would be a hard goodbye for naruto. "Gramps...I'm sorry...I know that no matter how many times I say it....it won't change the fact that I wasn't there for you when you needed me...I am grateful for everything you ever did for me you gave me comfort when I was down...you gave me food when I was hungry and water when I was thirsty. I can never repay the kindness you gave me but I will protect the village you loved until my dying breath and I promise you that one day I will be hokage and I will bring peace between the nations if it's the last thing I do. Thank you gramps.....I also promise that once me and sasuke are done with that damn snake he will wish that he was dead. I can't thank you enough for all you did for me but I promise to protect the village as you did for us....goodbye...gramps." Naruto then let a couple tears hit the casket as sasuke also did because it hurt to see his unconditional brother struggle so much.

They then turned but were quickly stopped as they saw Jiraiya standing there "hey kid I need to talk to you tomorrow morning"

naruto nodded before bringing Jiraiya into a hug he then let go and continued on with sasuke.

Naruto stayed at sasuke's house that night as he just didn't want to be alone.

Sasuke and him sat on top of the house as they watched the moon. "I know I told you not to seek revenge but I can somewhat understand it after this."

Sasuke looked at him in shock "you can't mean that you know the third wouldn't want it besides you will get your chance in time...I'm sure that isn't the last we have seen of the snake."

Naruto nodded "your right I really don't want to seek it out I know what revenge can do to people...I'm just scared of how many more people I will lose before there is peace what if next time it's you, Sakura, or Ino....if I lost one of you I don't know what I'd do...I think I would lose all control of myself."

Sasuke shook his head "you won't lose us if we stick together Sakura and ino are really worried about you, you  should go see them tomorrow."

Naruto nodded "your right....thanks sasuke I don't know what I'd do without your dumbass"

sasuke smirked before retorting "your comebacks are so weak sometime.....by the way what do you think master Jiraiya wanted"

naruto shrugged "Pervy sage....I have no clue probably just wants to talk about how to move forward with the village or something....anyway I'm gonna head to bed I need to rest up goodnight sasuke thanks for letting me stay here"

sasuke nodded "goodnight loser....and like I said you are welcomed here anytime"