...and back (sr)

Part two to the previous chapter.

Back at the precinct, the team has been interrogating the initial suspect of the case. They've since discovered that he's not a murderer, but a pissed off brother who's sister disappeared off the streets. He'd do nightly checks and would notice more and more people disappearing off the streets. He'd expressed his worry to the Detroit Police Department but was ultimately dismissed. He's since taken matters into his own hands, doing the only thing he thought could get our attention.

Meaning, we've got a case.

Spencer received a similar story about missing persons from a group of prositutes, stating they'd lost one of their own. They expressed that they knew how hard it was to leave life on the streets, they'd all tried and been unsuccessful. The girls were convinced it'd been foul play. Because of it, they've been traveling in groups as much as they can.

Spencer calls back to the BAU on his cell phone, letting them know everything we've discovered so far.

"I need you to go to the Detroit Police Department. Hightower reported this months ago to them, see if they remember this or have any case files at all, then come here." Spencer looks at me with soft eyes, he knows exactly what I'm thinking. More than anything, I wanted to avoid my old precinct. There was too much history there, history I'd rather forget.

"Got it, see you soon." Spencer says hanging up, his eyes meeting mine apologetically.

"I guess I'm ready." You sigh before climbing into the SUV.

"I'll be there the whole time." Spencer admits trying to comfort you, you grab his hand and he squeezes it as he starts driving.

When you arrive at the DPD, you pause briefly before opening the door of the car. It's appearance hasn't faltered, it's just as you pictured it. There was a lot to love about this place, it made you realize who you are, but there's an awful lot to hate about it, too.

Spencer's hand brushes your own as you walk inside, you look up at him for reassurance. "You've got this." He encourages with a wink. You take a deep breath as you approach the deputies, flashing them your credentials. You don't recognize them, they must be newer.

"Hello, I'm Special Agent y/n y/l/n, and this is Doctor Spencer Reid, I'm looking for Detective-" you're cut off when your old boss approaches you.

"Y/l/n, it's been a while, how are you?" She asks, gripping your shoulders tightly, you smile at her with a fake grin. She'd always loved you, but you were never that fond of her.

"Good, everything's good, we're actually here on a case. This is Doctor Spencer Reid, my fellow SSA and my boyfriend." You introduce Spencer, he awkwardly waves.

Your mind takes you back to the first time you met him, as you held your hand out to introduce yourself he'd said "the number of pathogens passed during a handshake is staggering. it's actually safer to kiss."

"Nice to meet you, Dr Reid. Aaron Hotchner called just a little while ago, let us know we could expect a visit from the FBI, but I just didn't know it'd be a familiar face."

"There's been a series of missing persons from off the streets. A few months ago William Hightower, a victims brother approached you with the suspicion." You jumped right into working. It was what you knew how to do best.

"Yes, I remember him, he was sincere, I felt for him." She says looking through his file. "But you didn't look into it." Spencer states.