christmas in the city (mgg)

Christmas in the city was a magical experience

Christmas in the city was a magical experience. There was of course the decorations at Radio City Music Hall, the Nutcracker ballet, and probably most famous Rockefeller Center Plaza.

You'd dreamed of a Christmas in New York since you were young. It never ended up working out with busy schedules and going to visit relatives in states that weren't remotely close to NYC.

Matthew knew of this dream you'd had of spending Christmas in New York. This year he'd decided that he was going to make it come true.

Though the two of you lived close enough to the city to drive, he'd still insisted on renting a hotel room in the middle of Manhattan so you could fully experience it.

He was dressed in a big red coat, a Santa hat with cheetah print detailing on the trim, and his favorite purple scarf. You were dressed in a pair of mom jeans and an old thrifted leather bomber.

"It's freezing." you giggled as soon as you emerged from the warmth of the hotel. Matthew grabbed your gloved hand, and nodded.

"Supposed to snow tonight." Matthew said with a giddiness in his voice. You smiled at his excitement while you walked with the crowds on the sidewalks.

You stopped at a corner bake store for warm butter croissants and the first hot chocolate of the evening. Matthew has told you earlier, he was in search of the best hot chocolate in New York and after all his time living here- he hasn't found it yet!

"Mhm, it's so warm." You hummed as you let the liquid warm you. Matthew smiled as he brought his cup to his lips. He looked as handsome as ever as he glanced out the window at passing people.

"Okay, are you ready?" Matthew asked as you finished your treats, and hot chocolate. You nodded and began to walk towards the door.

Some fans had noticed Matthew on the way out and asked if they could take a couple photos. Matthew always said yes to these requests, and always took time to talk with them for a few minutes.

"Merry Christmas!" One of the fans shouted as you began to walk outside. "Merry Christmas!" Matthew called back before interlacing your fingers together again.

The two of you walked for quite some time discussing what you'd gotten members of your families for Christmas. You envied Matthew's gifting abilities. He was so good at picking the perfect gifts for everyone, and you waited until Mary was crowning to get gifts.

It wasn't too long before you were approaching Rockefeller Tree. The crowds were thick, and the Christmas music carried through the nippy night air.

"Ah!" You squeaked as you got closer. Matthew chuckled at you, adoring your excitement. The biggest smile was plastered on your face as you approached the most beautiful Christmas tree.

"Oh it's so pretty." You said in bewilderment. Matthew was looking at you when he said "Mhm, it's
beautiful." The lights from the tree made your eyes sparkle, and the cold night air turned your cheeks and tip of your nose a pink color.

Matthew pulled you into his side, holding you close as you admired the ice rink, and the tree. He placed a soft kiss on your temple causing you to turn around and place a kiss against cold lips.

"Stand right here, I want a picture of you." Matthew said, and stepped back holding his phone up, snapping a gorgeous picture of you with the tree. You made him do the same, taking a picture of him in the same spot.

"Come on, let's ice skate." You said grabbing his hand, walking towards the rink.

He rented both of you a pair of skates while you waited on a nearby bench. "I'm back." He said from behind you before kneeling down in front of you helping to get the skates on.

"All good?" Matthew asked making sure the laces weren't too tight. "Perfect." You nodded as Matthew sat beside you and tied his up.

"Have you ever been ice skating?" Matthew asked, as the two of you approached the entrance to the rink.

"It's been a really long time, I used to take classes as a kid. You?"

"Never." Matthew said nervously as he stepped onto the ice, wobbling. You giggled as he held onto the side of the rink for dear life. He moved his skates very slowly on the ice.

You got half way around the rink when Matthew uttered "oh fuck!" as he went tumbling to the ground taking you with him.

He broke your landing as you landed on top of him. He winced as his head hit the ice. "Are you okay?" you asked and he picked his head up to look at you and then rested it back on the ice. "I'm fine." He laughed causing you to giggle.

Matthew chuckled deeply as he laid flat on the ice with you on top of him. You pecked his lips and then stood up, helping him back onto his feet.

"Maybe we should get off the ice." you laughed and Matthew nodded quickly, "Yeah."

Once you returned the skates and retrieved your shoes, you and Matthew walked towards the vendors to get a NY style hot chocolate. "Is your head okay?" you asked again as you waited in a small line. "Oh yeah, i'm great." Matthew nodded.

You found an empty bench to sit on and admired
all the city lights as you drank another hot chocolate. Resting your head on Matthew's shoulder, you spoke softly. "Thank you for tonight."

He turned slightly placing another kiss on your forehead. "You're welcome. Merry Christmas baby."

"Merry Christmas, babe." you smiled as you kissed his lips.

———-

ahh it's been forever since I updated so consider this a christmas gift. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!