rumors (mgg)

a/n: before you read this let me just say I'm super proud of the editing on this one

a/n: before you read this let me just say I'm super proud of the editing on this one... let me know how you like !

📀 Cornelia Street by Taylor Swift

It had been weeks of back and forth arguing between you and your husband, Matthew. The both of you seemed to be so on edge lately, both being burnt out for different reasons in your life. Any little thing said could turn into the biggest argument in a matter of minutes. You hated fighting with him, you really did. Unfortunately, last night was probably one of the worst fights you'd ever been in with him. It was was enough to sincerely break your heart.

With both of you being in the public eye, there were rumors circulating about a divorce. There were many instances people could've drawn this conclusion on. First off, paparazzi had taken pictures of you on a girls night out with your best friends. There was one small detail missing in the photos that the paps had picked up on- your wedding ring. On nights you would be out drinking, with the possibility of being drunk you'd never wear your ring. You didn't want to take the risk of losing it. It was too precious to you to wind up lost in the streets of New York City. Matthew knew about this unspoken rule you'd had with yourself, and never did he mind. He trusted your relationship was more than secure, you were his and he was yours. There was no reason to not trust you.

The week prior Matthew was snapped out to brunch with one of his past female co-stars. Of course, anytime a high profile man is pictured with a pretty actress, singer or model they're automatically screwing each other according to the media. What you hadn't know was that she'd invited Matthew to confess her feelings for him. Matthew told you all about it, telling you there was nothing to worry about.

But while you were at a hair appointment on the upper East Side, Matthew was snapped meeting fans and with her again. It infuriated that she wanted what you had.

For two and half years you and Matthew had worked on this magnificent relationship. In the beginning, the two of you kept your relationship very private. It was a very need-to-know thing. His parents, your parents, your closest friends, his closest co-stars. Then Matthew had proposed while on your vacation in Italy (the most romantic thing ever), and after that you soft launched him on your Instagram. It wasn't too long after that people put two and two together...

When you got home after your hair appointment, you sat him down and asked him was he cheating on you? You were rather calm after seeing the pictures as you had fouls in your hair. You were so mad your ears burned. But by the time you got home, all you wanted was answers, no matter what they were.

Matthew denied everything, scoffing at the fact that you'd even asked him. He then accused you of loving the drama of it all, of enjoying the publicity, and ultimately blamed the constant fighting on you.

You really had nothing left to say to him as the two of you stood in your kitchen, feeling as if he had punched right through your chest. This was coming from the person who knew you better than anyone in the world. The person you knew better than yourself. The man you trusted.