nightingale (sr)

Spencer had been out of town on a case since Tuesday, all the way in his home state of Nevada

Spencer had been out of town on a case since Tuesday, all the way in his home state of Nevada. He'd called and FaceTimed you as much as he could, mostly when he'd go to the hotel for the night. The phone calls typically ended with Spencer falling asleep to the sound of your voice, not that you ever minded. Tonight was no different. Spencer's light snores filled the phone, and you couldn't help but smile.

You missed him more than words could describe, and you couldn't wait until he was back home again, and safe from harm. "Goodnight Spence." You whispered before ending the phone call, and falling asleep
whilst cuddling up in his sweatshirt.

You're a few hours into a deep slumber when you jolt out of bed, a thin layer of sweat covering your body.
Your heart is racing, and anxiety high while tears slip from your eyes. It had been a nightmare about Spencer, he was involved in an explosion and was launched nearly fifty feet away. Hotch and Morgan tried to shake him awake, but he was unresponsive.

After taking a couple of deep breaths and trying your best to calm down, you knew the only thing that would make you feel remotely better was knowing he was okay.

In a heap of blankets, you found your cell phone and quickly dialed Spencer's contact. He picked up the phone almost immediately, sleep thick in his voice.

"Sweetheart, is everything okay?" He'd asked with a worried tone.

"Y-yeah. I just had an awful dream about you and wanted to make sure you were okay." You sniffled, wiping under your eyes with the sleeve of his grey sweatshirt.

"I am so sorry, why don't you FaceTime me?" He said, sending a FaceTime request that you immediately accepted. "See? I'm okay, nothing's wrong."

"I'm sorry for waking you. I just worry about you so much, Spence."

"I know, I know." Spencer says softly, you can tell he's holding back tears. "I'll be home soon, I promise." He admits.

You can't help but stop yourself from crying once more, you place the phone so the camera is on the ceiling while you wipe your tears. You hate crying, especially in front of Spencer.

"Hey, don't cry. I'm okay, I'm okay." Everything is going to be okay." He says, his voice breaking even more as he continues.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." You chuckle through the sobs.

"I-I love, I love you, so much." He stutters out as his voice finally breaks.

"I love you, Spence. Come home safely, okay?"

"I promise." He finishes. "Keep me on the phone until you fall back asleep." He says wiping under his own eyes.

You fall asleep but Spencer doesn't end the call. Instead, he finds himself watching you sleep through the camera. God how he wished he could hold you while you slept against his chest. That was what he had missed most being away.

a/n: a short little update !!