baby names (mgg)

"Daddy, daddy stop!" Your two and half year old son giggled as your husband tickled him in the yard

"Daddy, daddy stop!" Your two and half year old son giggled as your husband tickled him in the yard. It was a beautiful summer evening, the sun was just starting to set, and the sky was turned a deep pink color.

"Okay, I'll stop," Matthew told the boy setting him down in the grass. "But you better run 'cause grandpa is gonna get you!" Your husband called out as the little boy ran as fast as his little legs could carry him. Your dad waited on the opposite side of the yard, waiting to capture is grandson up in his arms.

"He's one of the good ones, you know?" Your mom asked, looking from Matthew to yourself. You knew because Matthew proved it to you each and every day. He was an amazing husband, and an even better father.

You smiled wide as you sat on the patio with your mother, observing the fun the boys were having. "I know." You said softly, Matthew looked over at you from the yard, an adorable smile taking over his features.

When he looked at you, you could feel the love that filled your entire body.

You placed a hand on your swollen belly, rubbing instinctively. Any day now, your princess would be arriving into the world, and you couldn't wait. She was already a couple days overdue.

Matthew and you were ecstatic to be welcoming another baby. The two of you had been trying since your son was just a little over a year old. Just when you'd just about given up, you ended up pregnant for the second time around. You'd never seen another person more happy than your husband when you'd told him. And when he found out it was a girl, he cried tears of joy right there at the appointment.

"Made any progress on baby names?" Your mom asked interrupting your thoughts, sipping on her lemonade. Everyone was so curious about your name choices considering your unique choice for your son.

"Not quite yet, we want to make sure our choices match her when she's born." You admitted with a giggle. Little did she know that you and Matthew laid in bed at night trying to pick the most perfect one. Matthew had thrown the name 'Carpathia' into the mix, hopefully, as a joke. To which you responded, "Like the sister ship to the Titanic? Absolutely not."

"I like the name Carpathia," Matthew said nodding, his lips tight in his signature awkward grin.

You glared at him playfully, while your mom giggled at your antics. "Like as in..." your mother started.

"Sister ship to the Titanic." You and Matthew said in unison, but different tones- his was matter of fact while yours was annoyed.

"What are the other options?" Your mother asked.

"Stella." Matthew started.

"Whitley." You countered.

"Genevieve, Jen for short, after your grandma." Matthew said tilting his head towards your mother. You'd always loved your great grandma's name but didn't know if it would fit.

"I know that anything you two decide on will be perfect." She admitted turning her attention to the shouting boy in the yard.

"I can't believe how big he's getting." Your mother said causing Matthew to smile softly.

"Right? Like he grew three inches overnight!" Matthew exclaimed excitedly. The little boy ran towards you, a smile on his face.

"He's going to be tall like his dad, and his uncle." Your mother concluded as the boy wrapped his little arms around your neck.

—————-

Just a short couple hours after leaving your parents, you'd went into labor. Your water broke as you were getting into the shower. You had quickly called over your parents, since they were closest, to watch your little boy. Your mother let you know she'd inform Matthew's parents so they could make their way in.

Everything happened so much quicker this time around, and pretty soon you were ready to push.

Matthew stayed by your side the entire time, his hands turning white from how hard you were squeezing them. "Oh god." You cried out.

"Just a couple more pushes, you can do this, honey." Matthew said kissing your sweaty forehead. The way he looked at you then was enough to give you the courage to muster up enough strength to push again.

"One more, mama, you've got this." Matthew encouraged as you squeezed his hand once more.

Then there it was... the most beautiful sound in the world. Her loud cry, signaling she was alright. Your head fell back onto the pillow in exhaustion, Matthew grinned from ear to ear as his eyes flickered from the baby to you.

"You did it, I love you so much." He said, kissing your lips softly.

"Awe, she's beautiful, her daddy's twin." The doctor said as they pulled her out, immediately loosely wrapping her in a hospital blanket. They placed her on your chest for a moment, allowing you and Matthew to get your first look.

They get you all cleaned up, and take your baby girl for a short while to get her all cleaned up, and finish all the necessary precautions.

You're sitting up in bed when they bring her to you, all bundled up and warm.

"Matthew," you gasp looking at her, "she's you made over, babe!" You state looking at her cute little nose that's identical to his.

"Oh my gosh, she's perfect." Matthew says as he observes her. She immediately smiles at the sound of Matthew's voice causing his eyes to gloss over.

"Is that your silly dad?" You ask the infant, smiling wide. "Here," you say holding her out for Matthew to grab.

Once he does, you can see the way he falls in love with her. She's already wrapped around his finger.

"Stella Mae Gubler has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?" You ask as he watches her intently, he nods.

"She's definitely a Stella." Matthew agrees. "Stella Mae, I like it." He concludes.

"It's a helluva lot better than Carpathia," you chuckle.

———-

a/n: I apologize for the lack of updates, I've wanted to, I've just had the worst case of writers block. <3 j