celebrity crush (mgg)

"So, Y/N, tell me who is your celebrity crush?" James Corden of the Late Late show asked with a smirk on his face

"So, Y/N, tell me who is your celebrity crush?" James Corden of the Late Late show asked with a smirk on his face. You were outspoken but you were shy and very  private at times, which is why he thought you'd choose to fill your guts over spilling them.

"No, I feel like I can answer this." You laughed as looked across the table. For someone at your level of stardom, you knew this would be posted everywhere and the subject of your answer would surely find out. What the hell, y/n? Use this to shoot your shot. Maybe something could come out of this since you're too shy to admit it anyways.

"Hm, I can nearly taste that a thousand year old egg," James mocked, the audience cheering as your cheeks heated up.

"It's Matthew Gray Gubler." You said as the audience erupted into cheers and James looked across at you with shock on his face. "God, I hope he doesn't see this." Your face flushed an even darker shade of pink.

"Oh, he's gonna see it. Care to elaborate?"

"I've had this massive crush on him since I was younger, and I don't know, he's just someone I admire." You said while the crowd erupted into awes.

"That's adorable actually... okay my turn, what are you giving me darling?" James asked as you spun the table around landing on a gross dish.

"Bull penis." You laughed manically.

———-

Later the next week Matthew would be asked if he'd seen the interview on a different host's show while promoting his newest book.

He had indeed saw the video. His mother, a fan of yours, had sent him the link and urged him to watch. Sitting in bed, he watched the video of you professing your crush on him. He found it so charming and endearing, and found his cheeks warmed at you stating that 'you admire him'.

That's why when he was asked to comment on his thoughts about the interview, he answered honestly.

"I mean, I admire the hell out of her too" he said as he slapped his thigh, "she seems like the coolest person to hang out with. I mean, I definitely have a couple of her songs on my playlist. I'm a fan of hers, for sure." Matthew admitted, a dorky grin on his perfect features.

"She's very down to Earth, like you in that sense." Jimmy Fallon gestured to Matthew who humbly smiled.

"Thank you, that's the highest of compliments being compared to her. Thank you." He giggled awkwardly.

After the interview that night, Matthew seemed stuck in his head about what he should do. Did he just leave it alone or should he reach out to you?

A quick call to his mother seemed to do the trick and while you were watching an old Grey's Anatomy rerun he finally direct messaged you on Instagram. Your heart nearly burst out of your chest as you read '@gublergram has sent you a message.'